Shortwave Sportfishing

Default First 300 hp Four Stroke Outboard...

On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 22:33:26 -0400, HarryKrause
wrote:

...will be offered by who?

No turbocharger or supercharger...just a V6 or V8 outboard, four stroke,
300 shp.

My local Yamaha dealer says he thinks in three years or so.

I'm guessing Suzuki.

You'd guess right and I heard form a normally fairly clued in type
that it's next year.

Woodchuck

Rumor has it Mercury is working on a 300hp 300XS optimax

--
If it is Bad for Bush,
It is Good for the United States.

Shortwave Sportfishing

wrote:

...will be offered by who?

No turbocharger or supercharger...just a V6 or V8 outboard, four stroke,
300 shp.

My local Yamaha dealer says he thinks in three years or so.

I'm guessing Suzuki.

You'd guess right and I heard form a normally fairly clued in type
that it's next year.

Suzuki seems the most adventurous. Doubt I'd buy one, though; the
engines seem ok, but most of the Suzuki dealerships I have seen seem
marginal. The extended warranty Suzuki gives away isn't much good if you
can't find a dealer who handles it properly and on a timely basis.

The Squeezeuki mechanic over in Rhode Island is pretty good actually.
He seems to have a real handle on four stroke outboards.

The word that I heard is that some of the 300 hp tech is coming right
from the motorcycle side of the business - small V-8 producing
horsepower via the high rev route.

Dunno - we'll see.

V8 outboard? sounds crazy having that hang on the transom.

Whats wrong with a light supercharged V6???

Matt

NOYB

"HarryKrause" wrote in message
...will be offered by who?

No turbocharger or supercharger...just a V6 or V8 outboard, four stroke,
300 shp.

My local Yamaha dealer says he thinks in three years or so.

I'm guessing Suzuki.

I'd guess Suzuki too. Their current engines have the cubic inches to do it
pretty easily.