Default Anyone notice the new ads for tourism in Turkey?

Gorgeous ads, interesting subtle effects, and, of course, lots of water
scenes and some boats, too.

Really beautiful ads.

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Gorgeous ads, interesting subtle effects, and, of course, lots of water
scenes and some boats, too.

Really beautiful ads.

Yes. And, along with a moderate Islamist running for president, and the
military is hinting it might do something about that. Visit, but find a
place to stay that's maybe a block from the embassy.

HK HK is offline

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Gorgeous ads, interesting subtle effects, and, of course, lots of water
scenes and some boats, too.

Really beautiful ads.

Yes. And, along with a moderate Islamist running for president, and the
military is hinting it might do something about that. Visit, but find a
place to stay that's maybe a block from the embassy.

The ads are pretty, but Turkey is not a place on my "must see" list.

"HK" wrote in message
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Gorgeous ads, interesting subtle effects, and, of course, lots of water
scenes and some boats, too.

Really beautiful ads.

Yes. And, along with a moderate Islamist running for president, and the
military is hinting it might do something about that. Visit, but find a
place to stay that's maybe a block from the embassy.

The ads are pretty, but Turkey is not a place on my "must see" list.

You'd give up a chance to sew a live performance by the 'Whirling Dervish'
dancers?

HK HK is offline

Don White wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Gorgeous ads, interesting subtle effects, and, of course, lots of water
scenes and some boats, too.

Really beautiful ads.
Yes. And, along with a moderate Islamist running for president, and the
military is hinting it might do something about that. Visit, but find a
place to stay that's maybe a block from the embassy.

The ads are pretty, but Turkey is not a place on my "must see" list.

You'd give up a chance to sew a live performance by the 'Whirling Dervish'
dancers?

Whirling anything makes me seasick.

"HK" wrote in message
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Gorgeous ads, interesting subtle effects, and, of course, lots of water
scenes and some boats, too.

Really beautiful ads.

Yes. And, along with a moderate Islamist running for president, and the
military is hinting it might do something about that. Visit, but find a
place to stay that's maybe a block from the embassy.

The ads are pretty, but Turkey is not a place on my "must see" list.

One of the clients of our former skipper (when I crewed on the Mirage 33) is
a Turkish guy who now has a clothing store in Washington DC but lives in
Bethesda, Maryland. He and his wife came up a couple of years in a row to
stay with the skip and get some sailing in. Great guy, lots of fun and was
constantly on the go.
Did't look like the typical swarthy Turk...he had a light complexion and his
hair was almost a dirty blonde. He came from the Mediterranean region..if
that makes a difference.

HK HK is offline

Don White wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
[...]

So many different flavors of people have gravitated towards the Med
areas over the centuries that I would be leery of drawing any
conclusions about who came from where. I had a friend in college who was
a blue-eyed strawberry blonde with very fair skin, and her ancestors
came here from Sicily.

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Gorgeous ads, interesting subtle effects, and, of course, lots of water
scenes and some boats, too.

Really beautiful ads.

Turkey's for the birds.

Eisboch

"HK" wrote in message

So many different flavors of people have gravitated towards the Med areas
over the centuries that I would be leery of drawing any conclusions about
who came from where. I had a friend in college who was a blue-eyed
strawberry blonde with very fair skin, and her ancestors came here from
Sicily.

I've read that those summer cruises by the Vikings had something to do with
that.

Eisboch

On Fri, 4 May 2007 20:49:48 -0400, "Eisboch"
wrote:

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Gorgeous ads, interesting subtle effects, and, of course, lots of water
scenes and some boats, too.

Really beautiful ads.

Turkey's for the birds.

Did you know that Turkey on China leaves a Greece stain?

Got one for 'ya...

Which of the United States was mentioned in the Bible?

Recalled yet again! Gilligan ASA 15 October 17th 06 01:41 AM
Ever Notice? Capt. Rob ASA 3 October 6th 06 03:02 PM
New USCG policy on Advance Notice of Arrival Dave Cruising 8 May 31st 04 04:37 AM
The Turkey's Turkey Harry Krause General 2 December 4th 03 05:03 PM