Don White Don White is offline

Default Anyone notice the new ads for tourism in Turkey?

"HK" wrote in message
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Gorgeous ads, interesting subtle effects, and, of course, lots of water
scenes and some boats, too.

Really beautiful ads.

Yes. And, along with a moderate Islamist running for president, and the
military is hinting it might do something about that. Visit, but find a
place to stay that's maybe a block from the embassy.

The ads are pretty, but Turkey is not a place on my "must see" list.

One of the clients of our former skipper (when I crewed on the Mirage 33) is
a Turkish guy who now has a clothing store in Washington DC but lives in
Bethesda, Maryland. He and his wife came up a couple of years in a row to
stay with the skip and get some sailing in. Great guy, lots of fun and was
constantly on the go.
Did't look like the typical swarthy Turk...he had a light complexion and his
hair was almost a dirty blonde. He came from the Mediterranean region..if
that makes a difference.