posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Recalled yet again!

http://www.carseverything.com/256/20...a-recalls.html

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Gilligan wrote:
http://www.carseverything.com/256/2006-kia-sedona-recalls.html

Recalls only effected certain serial #s. So far the only recall on my
car was for a latch sensor.
9K miles and not one rattle or squeak. Averaged 24.5 MPG to PA last
week and was able to get a whole booth setup for the Jones Beach boat
show into the van! Meanwhile, my friends Toyota Sienna (which cost 2K
more) has a wheel bearing problem that won't go away. His AC quit last
month and the rotors keep warping. It's a 2005.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...

Gilligan wrote:
http://www.carseverything.com/256/2006-kia-sedona-recalls.html

Recalls only effected certain serial #s. So far the only recall on my
car was for a latch sensor.

That's a third recall, one that is not on the above list. Any others?

Regarding Sienna recalls:

http://www.carseverything.com/256/20...a-recalls.html

Not a single one.

Sienna is built in the USA.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

http://www.carseverything.com/256/20...a-recalls.html

Not a single one.

I'd rather have a single recall like I have, rather than Toyota service
arguing over why two sets of rotors have warped. The Sienna required a
whole new brain to fix the AC problem by the way. I still think the
Sienna will be a great minivan when it gets a bigger engine. Are you
aware of the Sienna fuel pump issues? You're not doing your homework.
As usual I could do far better taking YOUR side!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...

http://www.carseverything.com/256/20...a-recalls.html

Not a single one.

I'd rather have a single recall like I have, rather than Toyota service
arguing over why two sets of rotors have warped. The Sienna required a
whole new brain to fix the AC problem by the way. I still think the
Sienna will be a great minivan when it gets a bigger engine. Are you
aware of the Sienna fuel pump issues? You're not doing your homework.
As usual I could do far better taking YOUR side!

Bob,

I'm not taking any side. I'm just pointing out that the 2006 KIA Sedona has
had 2+ recalls. The 2006 Toyota Sienna has had none.

Toyotas does get problems. The Sienna has a lot of features and complexity,
a lot of things could go wrong.

The recalls are representative of all cars of that year, model and
manufacturing lot. That's why it is a recall.

Your friends problems are not indicative of all Siennas or any class of
Siennas because it is an individual case.

Hot rotors will warp when splashed with cold water at a car wash, rotors
will warp from uneven lug nut tightness.

There is no fuel pump issue, just an exploding gas tank issue on the 2004
Sienna during an offset front impact.

As far as recalls go: KIA 3 TOYOTA 0.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

1363 of 1369 2006 Sedona EX (Power Sliding Door not always latching) by
thehothit Oct 10, 2006 (10:11 am)
Reply | E-mail Msg
I have a 2006 Sedona EX with Luxury and Power Packages. The passenger side
Power Sliding Door doesn't always close properly - failing to latch. It then
either pops slighly open and gives up, or slides open all of the way and
beeps. I usually have to try to close the door about 3 or 4 times before it
works correctly!

The dealer "couldn't reproduce the problem", but it appears as though at
least one other person is experiencing the same problem (they've posted a
video on youtube).

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?
#1364 of 1369 2006 Kia Sedona EX mystery problem by gasedona Oct 14, 2006
(6:26 am)
Reply | E-mail Msg
I purchased my Kia minivan in March 06 and have not had any problems with it
until recently. around the 9,200 mile mark on my way to work I felt a ripple
going about 45 then a few seconds later the check engine light flashed off
and on and my I experienced a great loss of power. I took the van to Kia
Mall of Georgia and they said the problem was multiple misfire and the #4
coil was bad. I got the van back and have had the same problem happen
between 200 - 300 miles three more times. The second time all spark plugs
were changed. the third time the ECU (computer) was changed, and the fourth
time the dealer says that the ECU is reading my antifreeze at 46.7 when the
problem occurs. They have no idea how to fix this, they have told me that
Kia may have to make a software patch or new software to fix the problem.
The dealer has my van to drive because the service manager wants to
experience exactly what happens when this mystery occurs. The dealer has had
my van for a total of 3 weeks going into the fourth. I am thinking here I
don't know what else to do. I anyone has experienced this problem and had it
fixed let me know. If you have a van now be advised that my problem did not
occur until I had 9,200 miles on it. One other remark, This problem can
happen when van is started, stopping, or accelerating.
Replies to this message:
. thehothit (Oct 14, 2006 11:09 am)
. gasedona (Oct 15, 2006 8:57 am)
. tturedraider (Oct 14, 2006 12:09 pm)
. gasedona (Oct 15, 2006 9:01 am)

#1365 of 1369 kia sedona wind howl [navyair] by rgochoa Oct 14, 2006
(9:41 am)
Reply | E-mail Msg
Replying to: navyair (Sep 06, 2006 7:21 am)

Thanks for you info. However, I had the problem with the crossbars and
solved it myself by just installing them all the way to the front and to the
back. The howl I am getting is coming from the driver side a/c vent only on
very windy days at highway speed. I suspect a loose hose, valve or something
of that sort. No luck with dealership as yet.
#1366 of 1369 2006 Kia Sedona EX mystery problem [gasedona] by
thehothit Oct 14, 2006 (11:09 am)
Reply | E-mail Msg
Replying to: gasedona (Oct 14, 2006 6:26 am)

Almost 4 weeks at the dealer is unacceptable - can you go to another dealer?
Also, maybe you should give Kia themselves a call, and report the problem to
them.

I suggest that you research the Lemon law in your state.
Replies to this message:
. gasedona (Oct 15, 2006 8:57 am)

#1367 of 1369 2006 Kia Sedona EX mystery problem [gasedona] by
tturedraider Oct 14, 2006 (12:09 pm)
Reply | E-mail Msg
Replying to: gasedona (Oct 14, 2006 6:26 am)

Generally speaking I think your problem probably qualifies under the Lemon
Laws.

Has your dealer provided you with a vehicle to drive while he has yours?
Replies to this message:
. gasedona (Oct 15, 2006 9:01 am)

#1368 of 1369 2006 Kia Sedona EX mystery problem [thehothit] by
gasedona Oct 15, 2006 (8:57 am)
Reply | E-mail Msg
Replying to: thehothit (Oct 14, 2006 11:09 am)

I have tried other dealerships with no success. Kia corporate is well aware
of the problem. I think all this extra driving is a stalling tactic so Kia
can have more time to fix the problem
#1369 of 1369 2006 Kia Sedona EX mystery problem [tturedraider] by
gasedona Oct 15, 2006 (9:01 am)
Reply | E-mail Msg
Replying to: tturedraider (Oct 14, 2006 12:09 pm)

I have had a rental that Kia is paying for on the three of four occasions,
they always claim the loaners are all out. This is the last shot for Kia, I
will act on the lemon law.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

As far as recalls go: KIA 3 TOYOTA 0.

This is true, but the Sienna has had many recalls, like most cars in
it's full history with it's current chassis. The Sedona is all new for
2006 and the recalls, effecting a small amount of actual vans, is
small. I didn't buy the Sienna because I know several people with them
and they have had trouble. It's much worse for the #1 rated Honda if
you read the forums. Motortrend rated the Sedona a close second behind
the Honda and said it created the most buzz among reviewers because of
the high standards it set. When I helped a friend buy a pair of XB's
last week, even that dealer admitted the Sienna was now 3rd behind the
Sedona. He still prefered the Honda over the Sedona though for it's
handling.
They're all great minivans, but the Sienna is too long in the tooth now
with it's weak powerplant. I'm sure the new Sienna will be #1 when we
see it. For now this van is perfect after 9K miles and we just added
Garmin navigation, which is more cool than useful...but sometimes it's
VERY useful when I'm in NJ!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

From: "Capt. RB"
Newsgroups: alt.autos.kia
Subject: 2006 Sedona EX fuel pump issues
Date: 26 Jul 2006 07:13:19 -0700

And so begin the quality issues with the new Sedona. Can't say I'm
shocked...

Nonsense. There are bound to be issues. My van also had a noisy fuel
pump. Kia replaced the WHOLE VAN.
My Subaru ALSO had a noisy fuel pump. Took weeks to fix.
My 2006 Sedona has been perfect after 5000 miles and we keep getting
calls from Major Kia to make sure we're happy. Free oil changes too!
My friend's 2005 Toyota Sienna has tranny and window problems. But even
without those problems he prefers my Sedona because it's got a real
engine in it. The poor Sienna can't get out of it's own way.

Capt RB
NY

Gee Bob, you forgot to mention the tranny and window problems on the Sienna,
let alone the fuel pump problem requiring replacement of the whole Sedona
van.

I expected better from you. Really.

So much for me refraining from trolling you, you liar!

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Rob says it he Subaru is junk!!!

Read on:

From: "Capt. RB"
Newsgroups: alt.autos.kia
Date: 28 Jul 2006 16:58:04 -0700

.com

.com

However, I know that my
Sedona is worse than other vehicles I've owned even though it has
received good maintenance. .

The Sedona you own simply has nothing to do with the new one. No way
would I buy a Voyager/Caravan OR the older version of the Sedona. My
family had to Caravans and they were both horrible. The 2002-2005
Sedona rep is mediocre at best.
You seem to be hoping that the new Kia/Hynduai products are poor, but
the facts are already leaning towards a massive improvement. I'm now of
the opinion that the Sedona is not only a good value, but probably the
best minivan period. A loaded EX gets close enough to 30K, so I can't
call it cheap. Still, it's a match for the Honda and Toyota cars and a
new Caravan feels like a dinosaur from the switch gear to the
powertrain.
Does this mean the "new" Sedona is problem free? Of course not. But
it's been the most problem free new car we've owned...requiring (so
far) one dealer visit and loss of 3-4 hours max. I only wish my buddies
Sienna had that record and so does he. My Subaru (a 36K SUV) had loss
of TC and antilock 3 times and cost me 3 days of work. Two new caravans
suffered steering problems, major electrical issues and worse.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa