Default Keeping Score is Confusing and Boats of rec.boats

Can anybody identify the feud participants for me by name and feud
subject?
Seems sometimes that a McCoy teams up with a Hatfield on one issue,
then drifts back to the other side.
Another problem is often different feuds get conflated with others,
such as who gave to a charity gets mixed up with Al Gore, a snowmobile
and a lobster boat.
Even though the reading here is entertaining as hell, I think we need
better organization to maintain interest.
One thing that should be done right away is some name changes,
Too many Jims and Johns to keep track of.
And bassksser, Dan and others who don't clip replies should do so.
It's best when hurling insults to do so by politely clipping the
previous 20-800 lines of insults. Keeps the current insult at the
fore and gives it more "power." An alternative would be to just top
post the insult. Insults are non capital offense top posts, since
they actually improve insult flow and throughput.
Anyway, just some thoughts, no offense intended, and I am
non-judgemental except on matters of process.
BTW, some might remember my earlier questions and comments here about
buying and storing a Carolina Skiff in Florida at Port Charlotte.
Probably a 2480 DLX, which is 24' with a 93" beam.
Not sure yet about how I'll power it, as I have power/weight/economy
and reliability preferences, and have a lot to learn about what will
best fit those.
Figured a month or two per year in Florida boating/fishing would be
fun. Not absolutely sure I'll have time for that boating stuff since
I'm pretty busy reading here, and this is fun too.
But I'll keep you up to date if things start happening on that front.
I'm really looking forward to posting a picture on boats of rec.boats
and commend those here who have done so as well as those who maintain
the site.
To those who haven't posted pics yet, please do so.
Every pic there was interesting and appreciated, but my personal
favorites are -rick-- "On the Columbia" and Wayne B "Anchored in
Everglades Park Wilderness Area."
Maybe because I've fished both types of waters, and because
I just liked the shots. Also, any pic with a smiling face, a kid or a
fish stood out from the others.

--Vic

On Tue, 09 Jan 2007 13:30:25 -0600, Vic Smith
wrote:

Can anybody identify the feud participants for me by name and feud
subject?
Seems sometimes that a McCoy teams up with a Hatfield on one issue,
then drifts back to the other side.
Another problem is often different feuds get conflated with others,
such as who gave to a charity gets mixed up with Al Gore, a snowmobile
and a lobster boat.
Even though the reading here is entertaining as hell, I think we need
better organization to maintain interest.

Vic - the neatest guy here is Harry Krause. Just be nice to him and you'll
do well.

Hurry and get the pics of *your* boat posted!
***** Have a super day! *****

John H

On Tue, 09 Jan 2007 15:07:26 -0500, JohnH wrote:

Hurry and get the pics of *your* boat posted!

Will do. I'll be going down to Florida this summer and renting a boat
as similar as possible to what I want to buy. Got that suggestion
here, and it's a good one. Besides, wifey hasn't been on a small boat
before, and she wants to see if she's fearful. Since she loves to
fish, and the CS isn't a roller, I'm 95% sure she's gonna love the
boat.
Man, I can hardly wait! Maybe I'll even post a pic of the rental
just to get a jump on it (-:

--Vic

On Tue, 09 Jan 2007 16:33:30 -0600, Vic Smith
wrote:

On Tue, 09 Jan 2007 15:07:26 -0500, JohnH wrote:

Hurry and get the pics of *your* boat posted!

Will do. I'll be going down to Florida this summer and renting a boat
as similar as possible to what I want to buy. Got that suggestion
here, and it's a good one. Besides, wifey hasn't been on a small boat
before, and she wants to see if she's fearful. Since she loves to
fish, and the CS isn't a roller, I'm 95% sure she's gonna love the
boat.
Man, I can hardly wait! Maybe I'll even post a pic of the rental
just to get a jump on it (-:

--Vic

Do it! And post pics of the fish you catch also.
***** Have a super day! *****

John H

wrote:

Every pic there was interesting and appreciated, but my personal
favorites are -rick-- "On the Columbia" and Wayne B "Anchored in
Everglades Park Wilderness Area."

Thank you, I like that picture also. Everglades Park is a great area
to go boating in the winter time when the mosquito count drops to
manageable levels. You've got to be totally self sufficient though,
no help for many miles around if you get into trouble, and it is
*very* easy to get lost.

http://tinyurl.com/yzpmnr

Tim Tim is offline

Wayne. B wrote:
You've got to be totally self sufficient though,
no help for many miles around if you get into trouble, and it is
*very* easy to get lost.

http://tinyurl.com/yzpmnr

For something like that, I would deffinately want a good GPS!

Can you get OnStar for a boat?