Default Required Reading for All Net Cops.....

On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 09:23:15 -0500, Gene Kearns
wrote:

If you're gonna do it, you might as well read the rules....

http://infohost.nmt.edu/tcc/help/news/idiot.html

http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

P.S.
Personally, I don't see anything wrong with top posting.

You win, Gene.
--
John

wrote:

If you're gonna do it, you might as well read the rules....

http://infohost.nmt.edu/tcc/help/news/idiot.html

http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

P.S.
Personally, I don't see anything wrong with top posting.

You win, Gene.
--
John

Gene is correct. KSR35's are long gone.

On Mon, 01 Jan 2007 05:08:47 GMT, "CalifBill"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

If you're gonna do it, you might as well read the rules....

http://infohost.nmt.edu/tcc/help/news/idiot.html

http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

P.S.
Personally, I don't see anything wrong with top posting.

You win, Gene.
--
John

Gene is correct. KSR35's are long gone.

You were right about the BMW commercial. I noticed here also that the sound
of the kid was almost gone. But, it's too late.
--
John

On Mon, 01 Jan 2007 05:08:47 GMT, "CalifBill"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

If you're gonna do it, you might as well read the rules....

http://infohost.nmt.edu/tcc/help/news/idiot.html

http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

P.S.
Personally, I don't see anything wrong with top posting.

You win, Gene.
--
John

Gene is correct. KSR35's are long gone.

What is/was a KSR35?
--
John

"JohnH" wrote in message
On Mon, 01 Jan 2007 05:08:47 GMT, "CalifBill"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

If you're gonna do it, you might as well read the rules....

http://infohost.nmt.edu/tcc/help/news/idiot.html

http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

P.S.
Personally, I don't see anything wrong with top posting.

You win, Gene.
--
John

Gene is correct. KSR35's are long gone.

What is/was a KSR35?
--
John

Here's a pictu

http://home.arcor.de/ccmuseum/oldtimer/teletype.jpg

wrote:

If you're gonna do it, you might as well read the rules....

http://infohost.nmt.edu/tcc/help/news/idiot.html

http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

P.S.
Personally, I don't see anything wrong with top posting.
You win, Gene.
--
John
Gene is correct. KSR35's are long gone.

What is/was a KSR35?
--
John

Here's a pictu

http://home.arcor.de/ccmuseum/oldtimer/teletype.jpg

I used one of those to learn computer programming. Yellow paper and
nearly unreadable type. Cheap school wouldn't replace the ribbons until
just the character imprints were hardly visible.

Tim Tim is offline

Those things were cool!

I had a classmate in grade school (60's) whose dad owned a couple
radio stations. And I rememeber touring the place and they had one of
those things going 24/7 .

That was a direct hookup to UPI and it would sit there and chucg along,
then in came the news. and it would take off typing and chugging at the
same time.

I thought it was magic! At that time, I couldn't figure out how a
semi-mechanical typewriter could work over a telephone line.

D.Duck wrote:
"JohnH" wrote in message
On Mon, 01 Jan 2007 05:08:47 GMT, "CalifBill"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

If you're gonna do it, you might as well read the rules....

http://infohost.nmt.edu/tcc/help/news/idiot.html

http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

P.S.
Personally, I don't see anything wrong with top posting.

You win, Gene.
--
John

Gene is correct. KSR35's are long gone.

What is/was a KSR35?
--
John

Here's a pictu

http://home.arcor.de/ccmuseum/oldtimer/teletype.jpg

oups.com...

D.Duck wrote:
"JohnH" wrote in message
On Mon, 01 Jan 2007 05:08:47 GMT, "CalifBill"

wrote:

. ..
wrote:

If you're gonna do it, you might as well read the rules....

http://infohost.nmt.edu/tcc/help/news/idiot.html

http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

P.S.
Personally, I don't see anything wrong with top posting.

You win, Gene.
--
John

Gene is correct. KSR35's are long gone.

What is/was a KSR35?
--
John

Here's a pictu

http://home.arcor.de/ccmuseum/oldtimer/teletype.jpg

My first job out of college was at Teletype Corp in 1964. First assignment
was manufacturing engineering on the M35/33/32 product line. Shortly after
that began analog design work on subsequent Teletype products beginning with
the M40.

"JohnH" wrote in message
On Mon, 01 Jan 2007 05:08:47 GMT, "CalifBill"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

If you're gonna do it, you might as well read the rules....

http://infohost.nmt.edu/tcc/help/news/idiot.html

http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

P.S.
Personally, I don't see anything wrong with top posting.

You win, Gene.
--
John

Gene is correct. KSR35's are long gone.

What is/was a KSR35?
--
John

Keyboard Send Receive model 35. Keyboard and a printer. Was the standard
mini computer I/O device for years. Was mostly replaced by the VT52 CRT on
DEC systems. Early bad pitch CRT that hurt your eyesight after awhile.

D.Duck wrote:
"JohnH" wrote in message
On Mon, 01 Jan 2007 05:08:47 GMT, "CalifBill"

wrote:

. ..
wrote:

If you're gonna do it, you might as well read the rules....

http://infohost.nmt.edu/tcc/help/news/idiot.html

http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

P.S.
Personally, I don't see anything wrong with top posting.

You win, Gene.
--
John

Gene is correct. KSR35's are long gone.

What is/was a KSR35?
--
John

Here's a pictu

http://home.arcor.de/ccmuseum/oldtimer/teletype.jpg

When I entered the Air Force I was assigned to a Mobil com squadron. We had
banks of KSR35's hooked up to radio receivers mostly printing out UP and AP
news.