Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Usenet ettiquite / required reading / that means all of you :-)

OK people you'll all need to read this: http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote2.html#ss2.5
In particular, pay attention to this part, please.... Notice how I do it. I do it right because I read the
FAQs before I got on the news groups....

2.2 What should not be quoted?
Text to which you are not responding should be deleted. This way you make it easier for others to read your response
without having to reread old text. Also, you save tons of bandwidth on thousands of servers.
In general, signatures have nothing to do with the context of the article, and usually you are not going to refer to the
poster's signature. Therefore, signatures should always be deleted. A good newsreader offers the possibility to do this
automatically - of course only provided the signature was separated from the text with the correct delimiter (two dashes
and a space on a single line).

Cheers,
Ellen

Boating: Are reading and arithmetic skills required? Vic Smith General 26 November 12th 06 12:57 AM
Great battery book... Larry Cruising 3 October 2nd 06 04:06 PM
How to use a simple SWR meter and what it means to your VHF Larry W4CSC Electronics 74 November 25th 03 03:45 AM
FAQ: Surviving Usenet: A Guide for the Earnest Newcomer Joe Parsons General 15 October 22nd 03 07:30 AM