Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Evinrude not charging

Howdy group just bought my first boat.

I am doing some checks before taking it, out its not charging the
battery.
Measure volts running same as not running.
Its tilt model 1992 50 hp, did checks for rectifier from this group, it
checks out ok. 12VDC at rectifier from battery red wire.
Are there some checks I can do on stator ie output or resistance
checks.
Also the auxillary is a not that old rude 2.3 hp is there any chance
these have a charging circuit.
Lucky I checked the water pump impellor it only had 1 leg on it!.
Thanks for any help you can give me.
Taking it to outboard shop isnt an option I would rather smash the
motor and get another one than taking it to ripoff o/b shops here in
nz.

Thanks

tedheath