Default It's such a nice day...

news
On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 20:48:45 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

The ceiling is just short of 12 feet ... 11' 9", IIRC

Excuse my ignorance.

What does IIRC mean?
--

If I recall (remember) correctly.

Just learned it myself.

Eisboch

On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 21:05:29 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

The service manager of he dealer who takes care of my wife's Town Car
has told me more than once that they sell every one they can get their
hands on within one or two days of arrival.

They are very nice all-around vehicles.

It is a somewhat limited production vehicle. I was told that they tried it
as a marketing experiment and it was well received.

It rides nice, has all the Navigator type creature comforts and has a full
rear seat that folds up for carrying extra "stuff" like horse junk. The
only thing wrong ... well, good for her, I guess, is that the bed is only
4-1/2 feet. Keeps the wheelbase and overall length the same as a regular
full sized pickup and avoids the "huge" feel.

It's basically a Navigator with a pickup bed.

Eisboch

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 21:05:29 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:
Mrs.E. had a 330ci and was intimidated by big trucks in it. Too bad,
because it really was a great car.
She then tried a BMW X5 and hated it. Then she had a Lincoln Navigator and
thought it was too big.

Anyway, she now has one of these as her daily driver and loves it for it's
room and utility:

http://www.lincoln.com/marklt/photogallery_exterior.asp

Oversexed F-150. I would rather get the F-150 SueprCrew King Ranch.
RG RG is offline

Anyway, she now has one of these as her daily driver and loves it for it's
room and utility:

http://www.lincoln.com/marklt/photogallery_exterior.asp

I was going through the features with some level of interest until I got to
the 4 speed auto trans. I couldn't believe it. I'm currently vehicle
shopping and I'm disappointed when the vehicle I'm looking at has only a 5
speed auto. 6 speed autos are starting to become the norm, with more exotic
fare beyond that. I never realized the F150 platform was still saddled with
that old of transmission technology.

"RG" wrote in message
.. .

Anyway, she now has one of these as her daily driver and loves it for
it's room and utility:

http://www.lincoln.com/marklt/photogallery_exterior.asp

I was going through the features with some level of interest until I got
to the 4 speed auto trans. I couldn't believe it. I'm currently vehicle
shopping and I'm disappointed when the vehicle I'm looking at has only a 5
speed auto. 6 speed autos are starting to become the norm, with more
exotic fare beyond that. I never realized the F150 platform was still
saddled with that old of transmission technology.

I don't mean to insult anybody but I think this vehicle is primarily
targeted towards women as a market. It's loaded with fancy stuff and looks
.... well .... sorta "pretty". My wife remembers sometimes that it has four
wheel drive but I doubt she has any clue as to how many gears it has nor
does she care.

IMO, a "real" truck is a 250/2500 or a 350/3500 series by your favorite
manufacturer. As someone mentioned the Lincoln is a fancy F-150 which, by
the way, was the chassis basis for all the full sized Ford/Mercury/Lincoln
car lines over the past several years until the recently introduced Ford
500.

Eisboch

RG RG is offline

..

I don't mean to insult anybody but I think this vehicle is primarily
targeted towards women as a market. It's loaded with fancy stuff and
looks ... well .... sorta "pretty".

I suppose, but the underlying platform, the Ford F150 certainly isn't
targeted towards women. My amazement as to the transmission was more
oriented to the underlying platform than to the Lincoln itself. I had just
assumed that Ford's bread and butter vehicle was a bit more up to date in
the area of auto transmission technology, especially since the Super Dutys
have had a 5 speed since 2003. Anybody know if he F150's main competitor,
the half-ton GM Silverado, is also a 4 speed auto, or are they using a 5
speed? I'm pretty sure the Dodge half-ton is still using a 4 speed, but I'm
not certain. It may not sound like a big deal to some, but when it comes to
getting the most out of the powerband of a given engine, especially when
towing, that extra gear makes a big difference.

RG RG is offline

Thanking you much very I am.
--

Yoda, is that you?

"Bert Robbins" wrote in message
. ..
Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 21:05:29 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:
Mrs.E. had a 330ci and was intimidated by big trucks in it. Too bad,
because it really was a great car.
She then tried a BMW X5 and hated it. Then she had a Lincoln Navigator
and thought it was too big.

Anyway, she now has one of these as her daily driver and loves it for
it's room and utility:

http://www.lincoln.com/marklt/photogallery_exterior.asp

Oversexed F-150. I would rather get the F-150 SueprCrew King Ranch.

That is an oversexed F-150. Even the bed is metallic paint. How you going
to use it as a pickup?

"RG" wrote in message
. ..
.

[...]

I do not think it is that big of a thing on a gas engine. The power band is
fairly wide. Not like the diesels. Where top rpm is about 3000.

RG RG is offline

I do not think it is that big of a thing on a gas engine. The power band
is fairly wide. Not like the diesels. Where top rpm is about 3000.

I gotta go the other way on this one. This is one of those things where
more is really more. The extra gears get you a lower low and a higher high.
Makes for a quicker, smoother, and more economical vehicle. I love the 6
speed auto in my daily driver. 1st is quite low for quick starts, and 5th
and 6th are both overdrives. Great economy, and smooth as buttah. Auto
trans technology has come a long way in the past five years. The new 07
replacement for my car comes standard with an 8 speed auto. I'm guessing
you're at a point of diminishing returns there. Mercedes has a 7 speed in a
number of its cars.

It did make a huge difference in the diesel truck going from a 4 speed in my
2000 to a 5 speed in my 2005. Night and day.

Gently down the stream - Several Nice Canoeing Articles [email protected] General 2 July 7th 05 08:33 PM
nice cruise sailboat on eBay ... ~^ beancounter ~^ Cruising 0 April 20th 05 06:03 PM
A little nice news...OT John H General 0 March 29th 05 01:50 AM
from Stockholm to Nice infobil Electronics 0 November 2nd 04 03:05 PM
What a Nice Day Bobsprit ASA 9 November 29th 03 03:18 AM