Dan Dan is offline

Default It's such a nice day...

Eisboch wrote:

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
. ..

On 10/22/2006 1:25 PM, Eisboch wrote:

LOL. It's the anticipation anyway ... I ordered a car lift from Rotary
Lift (Revolution) on June 3rd. The distributor told me it would be
delivered and installed the week of June 26th.

It was delivered and installed Friday afternoon.

Eisboch

I've never owned a "custom" fishing rod.
BTW, I talked my wife out of a Mustang, but no choice as of the moment.

Check it out:

http://www.eisboch.com/Lift1small.jpg

http://www.eisboch.com/Lift2small2.jpg

Eisboch

How high is the ceiling in your garage? I was considering a lift to add
another car. I knew a guy in IL who has a Viper and a Ferrari - both
short cars in a 9' high garage.

The little woman loves her Toyota MR2 Spyder - I hate it. I've been
looking at new cars and am leaning toward the SLK350 but I wouldn't want
to park it outside. Her "go-cart" could easily fit under the lift. I'm
just not sure I have the clearance for the car above it. I'm sure as
soon as she drives the new car, the Toyota will be a memory and we will
have a lift for sale...

Dan

On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 20:13:14 -0400, Harry Krause
wrote:

Hmmm. A pick-me-up truck?

I believe you can get an after market super charger for a Tundra.

http://www.pickuptruck.com/html/auto.../sctundra.html

"Dan" wrote in message
ink.net...

Eisboch wrote:

Check it out:

http://www.eisboch.com/Lift1small.jpg

http://www.eisboch.com/Lift2small2.jpg

Eisboch

How high is the ceiling in your garage? I was considering a lift to add
another car. I knew a guy in IL who has a Viper and a Ferrari - both
short cars in a 9' high garage.

The ceiling is just short of 12 feet ... 11' 9", IIRC. But there's an
enclosed steel I-beam that runs across it plus the garage door opener motor
that is mounted slightly below the beam level. I thought I might have to
remove the motor and use the door manually, but it worked out ok for these
cars.
Height to the bottom of the garage door motor is 118". The two cars in the
pictures are just about 55" high each. (they were low in those days) You
have to add the thickness of the lift ramp which is 4", yielding a total of
114". So, the GTO's roof is just about 2 inches from the door motor and the
Charger has 2" of clearance below the lift. Close, but it makes it. I was
concerned that the position would not be at one of the latch slots, but it
turns out they are adjustable, so it all worked out.

The lift will go higher. One of my options is to put the '46 Ford
convertible on top with the roof and windows down. The windshield will sit
forward of the steel beam enclosure which will allow the lift to go all the
way up. Doing that, taller cars, like Mrs.E's 750 will fit under it.

Fortunately, I have another two car garage attached to the horse barn that I
can use for the taller cars.
It's not as roomy, but it's heated.

These would work for boats too if your garage is tall enough. You can order
them with solid floors rather than ramps, although I wouldn't. The ramps
are quite wide ... about 18". I ordered two removable drip pans that can
either slide the length of the ramps or be removed. It's nice to be able to
work under the car and have access to the chassis components.

Eisboch

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
. ..

How much ceiling height is required?

Best thing to do is to go to:

http://www.revolutionlifts.com/

and click on "More Information" and then on "Before you buy".

It will bring up a .pdf document that includes a worksheet for determining
height requirements for the different models.

Eisboch

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
. ..

My wife is more into "cute" cars than "performance" cars, and also (a
paradox) likes to sit higher in a heavier vehicle than most sports or
sporty cars allow. It's going to take a while for her to find what she
really wants, when and if she devotes some time to the task.

Hmmm. A pick-me-up truck?

Mrs.E. had a 330ci and was intimidated by big trucks in it. Too bad,
because it really was a great car.
She then tried a BMW X5 and hated it. Then she had a Lincoln Navigator and
thought it was too big.

Anyway, she now has one of these as her daily driver and loves it for it's
room and utility:

http://www.lincoln.com/marklt/photogallery_exterior.asp

Eisboch

Dan Dan is offline

Harry Krause wrote:

On 10/22/2006 7:39 PM, Dan wrote:

Eisboch wrote:

On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 13:50:46 -0400, Harry Krause
wrote:

BTW, I talked my wife out of a Mustang, but no choice as of the
moment.

YAY!!!

Now, go buy here a Corvette.

If you haven't, check out a BMW 330i or 330ci. It is sporty, gobs
of power and handles beautifully.
The 330ci is a convertable. The top is double layered and
insulated. With it up you cannot distinguish it as being a
convertible, noise or cold-wise.

Eisboch

Or the 335i. Twin turbos in a BMW!

Dan

My wife is more into "cute" cars than "performance" cars, and also (a
paradox) likes to sit higher in a heavier vehicle than most sports or
sporty cars allow. It's going to take a while for her to find what she
really wants, when and if she devotes some time to the task.

Hmmm. A pick-me-up truck?

The Saturn Sky is cute - actually "cool"! Maybe a lift kit and some
bigger wheels?

Dan

wrote:

BTW, I talked my wife out of a Mustang, but no choice as of the
moment.
YAY!!!

Now, go buy here a Corvette.

If you haven't, check out a BMW 330i or 330ci. It is sporty, gobs of
power and handles beautifully.
The 330ci is a convertable. The top is double layered and insulated.
With it up you cannot distinguish it as being a convertible, noise or
cold-wise.

Eisboch

Or the 335i. Twin turbos in a BMW!

Dan

My wife is more into "cute" cars than "performance" cars, and also (a
paradox) likes to sit higher in a heavier vehicle than most sports or
sporty cars allow. It's going to take a while for her to find what she
really wants, when and if she devotes some time to the task.

Hmmm. A pick-me-up truck?

Have you looked at the Toyota Highlander? No, it is not a pickup but a
small SUV with a car-like ride. My wife has one and loves it.

Dan Dan is offline

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:

On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 20:48:45 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

The ceiling is just short of 12 feet ... 11' 9", IIRC

Excuse my ignorance.

What does IIRC mean?

If I recall correctly.

On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 01:01:56 +0000, Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:

What does IIRC mean?

If I Recall Correctly

Harry Krause wrote:

wrote:

BTW, I talked my wife out of a Mustang, but no choice as of the
moment.

YAY!!!

Now, go buy here a Corvette.

If you haven't, check out a BMW 330i or 330ci. It is sporty, gobs
of power and handles beautifully.
The 330ci is a convertable. The top is double layered and
insulated. With it up you cannot distinguish it as being a
convertible, noise or cold-wise.

Eisboch

Or the 335i. Twin turbos in a BMW!

Dan

My wife is more into "cute" cars than "performance" cars, and also (a
paradox) likes to sit higher in a heavier vehicle than most sports or
sporty cars allow. It's going to take a while for her to find what she
really wants, when and if she devotes some time to the task.

Hmmm. A pick-me-up truck?

You might still get a deal on a 2006 Tundra.
The 2007 models will be upsized and probably too big.

Gently down the stream - Several Nice Canoeing Articles [email protected] General 2 July 7th 05 08:33 PM
nice cruise sailboat on eBay ... ~^ beancounter ~^ Cruising 0 April 20th 05 06:03 PM
A little nice news...OT John H General 0 March 29th 05 01:50 AM
from Stockholm to Nice infobil Electronics 0 November 2nd 04 03:05 PM
What a Nice Day Bobsprit ASA 9 November 29th 03 03:18 AM