John Smith

Default OT- Ode to Immigration

Mexican immigrants are the epitome of what has made this country great.
They are industrious and hard working, working their way up the economic
scale.

"NOYB" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

You should introduce yourself to these Mexicans...I'll bet they all work
hard, and have good, strong family values, and those attributes would be
an eye-opener for someone like you, who has spent his career hiding out
in the military and not teaching in the public schools.

Welfare checks...what an asshole you are, Herring. No ethnic group in
the United States works harder and at crappier jobs than Hispanics.

I have to side with Harry on this one. The Mexicans (and other hispanic
workers) here in Southwest Florida (and there's a lot of 'em) are some of
the hardest-working and most-reliable people you can do business with.

They
also work in a variety of outdoor jobs that would send most gringos to the
hospital with heat exhaustion. Fortunately, most of them are employed by
bosses who are also Mexican, but had the smarts to go out on their own and
work for themselves. I have as patients a wife and husband who both

passed
the General Contracting exam last month...and are now licensed

contractors.
They were in the drywall business before, but are now getting into

new-home
contruction. I guarantee that if you built a house with them, it would be
on time and within budget...which is more than I can say for even the
most-reputable non-hispanic GC's down here.

Harry Krause

JohnH wrote:

Unlike some of your buddies in the group, I'm not in the habit of deliberately
uttering falsehoods.

John H

The wind blew, the crap flew, and in walked Herring.

It's too late to save your shoes and socks,folks, but if you roll up
your trouser legs, you can still save your pants.

--
A vote for Nader is a vote for Bush;
A vote for Bush is a vote for Apocalypse.
Harry Krause

JohnH wrote:
On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 16:57:27 -0700, Joe Parsons wrote:

On 26 Jul 2004 05:26:56 GMT, (Gould 0738) wrote:

[snip]

And lastly, see if you can figure out who is making mortgage loans for 1/2
million dollar homes to welfare recipients. I seriously doubt that any of your
local banks are doing that. (Bank loans are subject to regulatory
audit....nobody is going to approve making a RE loan to a loosely assembled
group of welfare recipients). If you *should* find a local bank making half
million dollar mortgage loans to people on welfare, either borrow as much as
you can as fast as you can from them or get every last dime of your money
transferred somewhere else. :-)

I know a few things about the mortgage business.

Apart from qualifying from a creditowrthiness standpoint, "group ownership"
won't make it past any underwriter.

While it is not all that hard to finance real estate to 100% of its value, doing
so on a welfare check is just not going to happen. To buy the aforementioned
$549,000 house, a borrower would have to document $8,500 per month in
income--assuming that individual carried no other debt.

I have no idea how they get the homes financed. One day there is a sold sign in
the yard, and the next day cars and pickups start showing up. Soon there are 6-8
cars parked everywhere and lot'sa people. In two cases, the owner is a female.
Strrangely, in each house there is only one adult female, that anyone knows of.

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD,
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

Indeed, you have no idea, Herring. There are many ways to finance real
property, traditional and non-traditional, and all sorts of lenders,
traditional and non-traditional.

Some immigrants have access to their own cultural variation of Chinese
tongs. These are not cooking implements.

There's nothing strange about Hispanic households with a matriarch.

All those years in the military traveling around the world and you seem
to know nothing about other cultures.

--
A vote for Nader is a vote for Bush;
A vote for Bush is a vote for Apocalypse.
Doug Kanter

"JohnH" wrote in message

The cars in yards problem exists at three of the houses, but there a mess

has
been made. If the county has an ordinance prohibiting it, then it's not
enforced. We have an old biddy living a couple houses down who has called

every
official she can to get the problem fixed. So far, no luck.

Perhaps en route to your city, they drove through parts of the country where
parking on the lawn is a family tradition. Kentucky comes to mind, although
I see it all over rural upstate NY, too.

Take up a collection among the neighbors. For fifty bucks, I'm sure you
could find someone who'd make a car vanish in the dead of night.