NOYB

Default OT- Ode to Immigration

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
NOYB wrote:

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Don White wrote:

"NOYB" wrote in message "Some industry experts call

this a
"brain drain," as the best and brightest
Canadian workers are flocking to the United States in search of

higher
salaries."

See! Only the dumb ones remain.

Careful there Dr. No. We've got enough snowbirds to track you down

with
the few clues we do have.

Lets see:
dentist in or near naples
about mid thirties
tends to blab on about gov't policies
owns a boat

can anyone else add clues to helpout?

I can: I have his name, address and many other particulars, and have

had
them for a long time.

You should. I sent you an e-mail about a year and a half ago.

Worry not, fella. Your "secrets" are safe with me.

Even my worst secret wouldn't cause a ripple in today's sea of morality and
ethics.

NOYB

Don White wrote:

[...]

Yeah...what about that evening of Muskrat Fun?

They were open-minded Muskrat's...and I had consent.

Doug Kanter

"JohnH" wrote in message

I do agree that Mexicans are hard workers. I don't, however, like what is
occurring in my neighborhood with several families living in one house,

cars
parked in the yard, loud parties, etc. I will admit that they have calmed

down
after a few police calls, but it shouldn't be necessary.

My S.O. grew up in a nice neighorhood in Puerto Rico. Many homes have no
glass in the windows - just screen and metal shutters. They're used to
hearing other peoples' noise, and loud music is far more common than it is
here. When I visited, we stayed at her mother's place. I had to move to a
hotel after a couple of days.

Your Mexican neighbors may've come from a similar environment and haven't
gotten used to the customs here yet. Any chance you could go and talk to
them?

NOYB

"JohnH" wrote in message
On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 19:29:17 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

You should introduce yourself to these Mexicans...I'll bet they all

work
hard, and have good, strong family values, and those attributes would

be
an eye-opener for someone like you, who has spent his career hiding out
in the military and not teaching in the public schools.

Welfare checks...what an asshole you are, Herring. No ethnic group in
the United States works harder and at crappier jobs than Hispanics.

I have to side with Harry on this one. The Mexicans (and other hispanic
workers) here in Southwest Florida (and there's a lot of 'em) are some of
the hardest-working and most-reliable people you can do business with.

They
also work in a variety of outdoor jobs that would send most gringos to

the
hospital with heat exhaustion. Fortunately, most of them are employed by
bosses who are also Mexican, but had the smarts to go out on their own

and
work for themselves. I have as patients a wife and husband who both

passed
the General Contracting exam last month...and are now licensed

contractors.
They were in the drywall business before, but are now getting into

new-home
contruction. I guarantee that if you built a house with them, it would

be
on time and within budget...which is more than I can say for even the
most-reputable non-hispanic GC's down here.

Crap, now everyone thinks I'm an asshole. Oh well!

You're not an asshole...and I'm not "everyone".

I do agree that Mexicans are hard workers. I don't, however, like what is
occurring in my neighborhood with several families living in one house,

cars
parked in the yard, loud parties, etc. I will admit that they have calmed

down
after a few police calls, but it shouldn't be necessary.

Naples has pretty strict and well-enforced ordinances against cars parked in
yards, and too many people living in one single-family residence. I guess
that's why I don't see what you see as often as you see it.

The folks that live in the houses are not the ones purchasing the homes.

They
appear to be renters.

We have strict rental property ordinances as well. Perhaps you need to
address this with your county commissioners?

NOYB

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

Your Mexican neighbors may've come from a similar environment and haven't
gotten used to the customs here yet. Any chance you could go and talk to
them?

grin You're assuming that they speak English.

Doug Kanter

"NOYB" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

Your Mexican neighbors may've come from a similar environment and

haven't
gotten used to the customs here yet. Any chance you could go and talk to
them?

grin You're assuming that they speak English.

You're assuming they do not speak English. Or, with a Spanish phrase book
and an investment of about 11 minutes, that you could not converse with them
just enough to be happy.

Harry Krause

Doug Kanter wrote:
"NOYB" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

Your Mexican neighbors may've come from a similar environment and

haven't
gotten used to the customs here yet. Any chance you could go and talk to
them?

grin You're assuming that they speak English.

You're assuming they do not speak English. Or, with a Spanish phrase book
and an investment of about 11 minutes, that you could not converse with them
just enough to be happy.

I wouldn't worry...I've met Herring. His skills in speaking American
English are...minimal.

--
A vote for Nader is a vote for Bush;
A vote for Bush is a vote for Apocalypse.
Don White

"NOYB" wrote in message
nk.net...

Naples has pretty strict and well-enforced ordinances against cars parked

in
yards, and too many people living in one single-family residence. I guess
that's why I don't see what you see as often as you see it.

We have strict rental property ordinances as well. Perhaps you need to
address this with your county commissioners?

Isn't that Jim Dandy.....keeps those pesky foreigners at bay! No dirtying up
your nice tidy little city.

Bert Robbins

"Don White" wrote in message

"NOYB" wrote in message "Some industry experts call this

"brain drain," as the best and brightest
Canadian workers are flocking to the United States in search of higher
salaries."

See! Only the dumb ones remain.

Careful there Dr. No. We've got enough snowbirds to track you down with
the few clues we do have.

Lets see:
dentist in or near naples
about mid thirties
tends to blab on about gov't policies
owns a boat

can anyone else add clues to helpout?

I thought there were laws about Internet stalking.

Don White

"Bert Robbins" wrote in message
news

I thought there were laws about Internet stalking.

Not this case Bertie...more like a 'public service'.