Doug Kanter

Default OT- Ode to Immigration

"JohnH" wrote in message
On 25 Jul 2004 03:31:20 GMT, (Gould 0738) wrote:

Don't pick on John H for posting this.

It's more appropriate to feel sorry for him if he lives in a neighborhood

where
houses sell so cheaply they are purchased by welfare recipients.

Most of what he describes was
eliminated when the Republican Congress and the last Democratic President
cooperated to accomplish some meaningful welfare reform several years

ago.

Why is it that the old stereotypes survive years and years after the

facts have
changed? Is it because it's so much fun to
bitch and moan about the poor and/or minorities?

Symptom of frustrated white man: "It's somebody else's fault I haven't
succeeded."

I think it's beneath John H to promulgate
this baseless stereotype. He's normally
more tuned in than that.

Chuck, within three blocks of my house are six houses which have been

purchased
by Mexican families, extended families! In each yard and driveway are from

six
to nine automobiles and/or pickups. The house next to me sold for $549,000

last
month. With four or five family groups (or singles) putting their incomes
(welfare checks?) toward the mortgage, they can qualify for a loan.

An acquaintance's cousin bought a double house. Her mom lives in the other
half. The mom's in her 60s and a workholic. She loves being busy. The
younger woman is in her 40s, with a 16 yr old son. For reasons nobody in the
family understands, the younger woman doesn't have a job. She smart and
healthy. She's been living on government assistance for the past 3 years. I
think it deserves looking into before any more of her kind come here from
their homeland. Her dad's Polish and her mom's Irish.

Any more knucklehead generalizations?

Harry Krause

JohnH wrote:

Chuck, within three blocks of my house are six houses which have been purchased
by Mexican families, extended families! In each yard and driveway are from six
to nine automobiles and/or pickups. The house next to me sold for $549,000 last
month. With four or five family groups (or singles) putting their incomes
(welfare checks?) toward the mortgage, they can qualify for a loan.

You should introduce yourself to these Mexicans...I'll bet they all work
hard, and have good, strong family values, and those attributes would be
an eye-opener for someone like you, who has spent his career hiding out
in the military and not teaching in the public schools.

Welfare checks...what an asshole you are, Herring. No ethnic group in
the United States works harder and at crappier jobs than Hispanics.
You're a racist piece of crap.

--
A vote for Nader is a vote for Bush;
A vote for Bush is a vote for Apocalypse.
NOYB

"thunder" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 18:45:59 -0400, NOYB wrote:

But who the hell wants to move to Canada?

"Canada absorbs more immigrants per capita than any other country."

http://www.how2immigrate.net/canada/

"Some industry experts call this a "brain drain," as the best and brightest
Canadian workers are flocking to the United States in search of higher
salaries."

See! Only the dumb ones remain.

Don White

"NOYB" wrote in message "Some industry experts call this a
"brain drain," as the best and brightest
Canadian workers are flocking to the United States in search of higher
salaries."

See! Only the dumb ones remain.

Careful there Dr. No. We've got enough snowbirds to track you down with
the few clues we do have.

Lets see:
dentist in or near naples
about mid thirties
tends to blab on about gov't policies
owns a boat

can anyone else add clues to helpout?

Doug Kanter

"Don White" wrote in message

"NOYB" wrote in message "Some industry experts call this

"brain drain," as the best and brightest
Canadian workers are flocking to the United States in search of higher
salaries."

See! Only the dumb ones remain.

Careful there Dr. No. We've got enough snowbirds to track you down with
the few clues we do have.

Lets see:
dentist in or near naples
about mid thirties
tends to blab on about gov't policies
owns a boat

can anyone else add clues to helpout?

Not only crosses the street when he sees anyone who's not a cracker, but
calls for a police escort.

NOYB

"Don White" wrote in message

"NOYB" wrote in message "Some industry experts call this

"brain drain," as the best and brightest
Canadian workers are flocking to the United States in search of higher
salaries."

See! Only the dumb ones remain.

Careful there Dr. No. We've got enough snowbirds to track you down with
the few clues we do have.

Lets see:
dentist in or near naples
about mid thirties
tends to blab on about gov't policies
owns a boat

can anyone else add clues to helpout?

Owns *two* boats
3 kids
Mechanical Engineering degree from Purdue University
2 W'04 bumper stickers on my car

Pick up the phone and call one of your friends who moved to the U.S.
They're the smart ones...so they can probably help you link the clues
together. ;-)

NOYB

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

You should introduce yourself to these Mexicans...I'll bet they all work
hard, and have good, strong family values, and those attributes would be
an eye-opener for someone like you, who has spent his career hiding out
in the military and not teaching in the public schools.

Welfare checks...what an asshole you are, Herring. No ethnic group in
the United States works harder and at crappier jobs than Hispanics.

I have to side with Harry on this one. The Mexicans (and other hispanic
workers) here in Southwest Florida (and there's a lot of 'em) are some of
the hardest-working and most-reliable people you can do business with. They
also work in a variety of outdoor jobs that would send most gringos to the
hospital with heat exhaustion. Fortunately, most of them are employed by
bosses who are also Mexican, but had the smarts to go out on their own and
work for themselves. I have as patients a wife and husband who both passed
the General Contracting exam last month...and are now licensed contractors.
They were in the drywall business before, but are now getting into new-home
contruction. I guarantee that if you built a house with them, it would be
on time and within budget...which is more than I can say for even the
most-reputable non-hispanic GC's down here.

NOYB

Don White wrote:

"NOYB" wrote in message "Some industry experts call

this a
"brain drain," as the best and brightest
Canadian workers are flocking to the United States in search of higher
salaries."

See! Only the dumb ones remain.

Careful there Dr. No. We've got enough snowbirds to track you down

with
the few clues we do have.

Lets see:
dentist in or near naples
about mid thirties
tends to blab on about gov't policies
owns a boat

can anyone else add clues to helpout?

I can: I have his name, address and many other particulars, and have had
them for a long time.

You should. I sent you an e-mail about a year and a half ago.

..

Harry Krause

Don White wrote:

"NOYB" wrote in message "Some industry experts call

this a
"brain drain," as the best and brightest
Canadian workers are flocking to the United States in search of higher
salaries."

See! Only the dumb ones remain.

Careful there Dr. No. We've got enough snowbirds to track you down

with
the few clues we do have.

Lets see:
dentist in or near naples
about mid thirties
tends to blab on about gov't policies
owns a boat

can anyone else add clues to helpout?

I can: I have his name, address and many other particulars, and have had
them for a long time.

You should. I sent you an e-mail about a year and a half ago.

Worry not, fella. Your "secrets" are safe with me.

--
A vote for Nader is a vote for Bush;
A vote for Bush is a vote for Apocalypse.
Harry Krause

Don White wrote:

[...]

Even my worst secret wouldn't cause a ripple in today's sea of morality and
ethics.

Yeah...what about that evening of Muskrat Fun?