Default LOL! another Ebay "response" scam!

So I lsot a boat auction, and never fails, here comes the
scam/spoofers.

I just got a "Response from Ebay Member" letter, asking me for more
photos of my auction. funny, I've never auctioned off anything. and
over in the right hand column i get this:

"Isthis message an offer to buy your item directly through email
withoutwinning the item on eBay? If so, please he! lp make the eBay
marketplacesafer by reporting it to us. These "outside of eBay"
transactions maybe unsafe and are against eBay policy...."

They type worse than I do!

So I sent it to . and Ebay or Safeharbor will send me
their usual "we're on it!" type of letter.

amazing market place.

mgg mgg is offline

I get at least 3 of those per day. I also get the one from "paypal" saying
that another email has beed added to the account...please verify. You may
know this, but many don't... When you get anything suspicious, hover your
mouse over the link they want you to click, and look in the bottom left
corner (outlook express). If the url shows anything but the outfit they
claim to represent, it's a scam.

--Mike

wrote in message
oups.com...
So I lsot a boat auction, and never fails, here comes the
scam/spoofers.

I just got a "Response from Ebay Member" letter, asking me for more
photos of my auction. funny, I've never auctioned off anything. and
over in the right hand column i get this:

"Isthis message an offer to buy your item directly through email
withoutwinning the item on eBay? If so, please he! lp make the eBay
marketplacesafer by reporting it to us. These "outside of eBay"
transactions maybe unsafe and are against eBay policy...."

They type worse than I do!

So I sent it to . and Ebay or Safeharbor will send me
their usual "we're on it!" type of letter.

amazing market place.

wrote in message
oups.com...

So I lsot a boat auction, and never fails, here comes the
scam/spoofers.

What exactly did you do to a boat auction?

I could get "list", sold", or "lost" out of that.. )

-W

"So I lsot " Sorry, I "lost"

I got outbid.

WOW, I just now recieved another spoof'r.

Someone named "carlos" is wanting to know what my BIN price is and will
I accept paypal.

Huh. I don't have a paypal acct. and I don't have anything for sale.

interesting

Clams Canino wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

So I lsot a boat auction, and never fails, here comes the
scam/spoofers.

What exactly did you do to a boat auction?

I could get "list", sold", or "lost" out of that.. )

-W

How are they seeing your email addy? Is it your ebay screen name??
Bidders email addys are NOT visible to the public.

-W

wrote in message
oups.com...
"So I lsot " Sorry, I "lost"

I got outbid.

WOW, I just now recieved another spoof'r.

Someone named "carlos" is wanting to know what my BIN price is and will
I accept paypal.

Huh. I don't have a paypal acct. and I don't have anything for sale.

interesting

Clams Canino wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

So I lsot a boat auction, and never fails, here comes the
scam/spoofers.

What exactly did you do to a boat auction?

I could get "list", sold", or "lost" out of that.. )

-W

DSK DSK is offline

wrote ....
So I lsot a boat auction, and never fails, here comes the
scam/spoofers.

This has happened to me a few times in the past, but the
last time I put in a bid on an Ebay item I got deluged. The
basic idea was an email on the Ebay format saying the even
though I "lost" the auction, the winner had failed to
complete the deal so now I had a chance to buy it at my price.

Unfortunately for them, it's easy to pull up the auction
page and send an email to the guy who was actually
auctioning a boat, and find out if it's true. Wasn't (of
course).

I just got a "Response from Ebay Member" letter, asking me for more
photos of my auction. funny, I've never auctioned off anything. and
over in the right hand column i get this:

"Isthis message an offer to buy your item directly through email
withoutwinning the item on eBay? If so, please he! lp make the eBay
marketplacesafer by reporting it to us. These "outside of eBay"
transactions maybe unsafe and are against eBay policy...."

They type worse than I do!

The ones I get are copied from the Ebay format, complete
with the same graphics & colors.

So I sent it to . and Ebay or Safeharbor will send me
their usual "we're on it!" type of letter.

amazing market place.

This kind of thing will ruin it. It's a PITA to get deluged
with phishing attempts because you try to buy something. The
heck with Iraq, Iran, North Korea, can we nuke whatever city
it is the stupid scam-baiters live in?

mgg wrote:
I get at least 3 of those per day. I also get the one from "paypal" saying
that another email has beed added to the account...please verify.

Yeah, the internet is a real jungle nowadays.

You may
know this, but many don't... When you get anything suspicious, hover your
mouse over the link they want you to click, and look in the bottom left
corner (outlook express). If the url shows anything but the outfit they
claim to represent, it's a scam.

Don't use Outlook Express (or Internet Explorer) it is a
revolving door for hackers. But your tip is a good idea to
ID any actual links before you go there.... other browsers &
readers can do the same thing.

Regards
Doug King

On Sat, 14 Oct 2006 10:26:32 GMT, Tom Francis wrote:

On Sat, 14 Oct 2006 04:07:26 GMT, "Clams Canino"
wrote:

How are they seeing your email addy? Is it your ebay screen name??
Bidders email addys are NOT visible to the public.

I stopped even visiting eBay anymore. There aren't any "auctions"
anymore unless it's complete junk from somebodies garage - it's all
"buy it now" and just another online store - overpriced to boot what
with all the "shipping and handling" charges, scams and everything
else that's been going on.

eBay is a joke.

'Craigslist' has worked well for me.

Clams Canino wrote:
How are they seeing your email addy? Is it your ebay screen name??
Bidders email addys are NOT visible to the public.

-W

ebay is constantly being "hacked". seems like they can get your email
add's. but can only get sensetive info from you. Like, getting these
bogus letters, and clicking on the links provided in the letter. Some
will ask for your password, some will take you to an open page of
nothing. but has provided an anti security worm, to infiltrate
(variation of a trojan horse) to seek and gather the info.

wrote in message
ups.com...

Clams Canino wrote:
How are they seeing your email addy? Is it your ebay screen name??
Bidders email addys are NOT visible to the public.

-W

ebay is constantly being "hacked". seems like they can get your email
add's. but can only get sensetive info from you. Like, getting these
bogus letters, and clicking on the links provided in the letter. Some
will ask for your password, some will take you to an open page of
nothing. but has provided an anti security worm, to infiltrate
(variation of a trojan horse) to seek and gather the info.

I've got 2 Ebay accounts (buyer and seller). I've NEVER gotten emails to my
buyers account.
I only get them to my sellers account if my email addy was in the ad - or if
the phish came through the official ebay emails. I totally disagree that
Ebay is being hacked. There's a reason that your email is being laid bare to
the world. - really.

-W