S. Eyes

Default US canoeing DVDs on Ebay UK

No this is not an advert ....

I think DVDs may well be the way forward when it comes to observing canoeing
skills because you can select scenes very flexibly, quality doesn't degrade
as fast over time - much better than video.

My Bill Mason vids on open boating were the worst, with their tinny monaural
soundtrack and several times when I bought one, what was on the vid never
matched the UK sleeve ... so it read 'whitewater tandem' and when you got
home and put it in it was 'intro to solo fla****er'

Anyway I started looking at Ebay UK and saw some US paddling DVDs advertised
at reasonable prices. However I only have a bog standard DVD player bought
from a leading high street store (called Asteroid or stg like that) and it
is not 'region free' which means it cannot play US DVDs. Ebay has this
facility where you can 'Ask seller a question' but they never got back to me
when I asked, will these play on standard UK players.

Are there any UK canoeists out there who have bought Eric Jackson or
whatever canoeing DVDs on Ebay UK and were able to play them on a standard
UK player?

Phil R

S. Eyes wrote:

snip

Are there any UK canoeists out there who have bought Eric Jackson or
whatever canoeing DVDs on Ebay UK and were able to play them on a standard
UK player?

I bought EJ's Rolling and Bracing DVD off eBay a few weeks ago, and though
it's a COPY it works fine on my PC and on my dad's DVD player which I'm 99%
sure is not able to play region 1 (US) DVDs. So you _should_ be OK with
it.
Muzz

Phil R wrote:
I bought EJ's Rolling and Bracing DVD off eBay a few
weeks ago, and though it's a COPY it works fine on my PC
and on my dad's DVD player which I'm 99% sure is not able
to play region 1 (US) DVDs. So you _should_ be OK with
it.

Sometimes they are region 0 which will play on any machine. Also the
'cheapo' DVD players are usually hackable through the handset. Have you
googled for a solution ?

--
Muzz
send mail to muzzmackay@'7thletterof thealphabet'mail.com