Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Dumbass!

I went to check on the repairs on my boat this morning, get the winterizing
set up and square away on my bill. The engine was running rough after my
overheating episode this summer. My new mechanic found that the port side
exhaust manifold gaskets had failed due to the overheating and were allowing
water into 2 of the cylinders. They also found that the oil cooler was
leaking and the wrong spark plugs were installed (I had my old marina do a
tune up on the boat last summer).

Every time the *OMC Certified* mechanic at my old marina touched my boat he
screwed something up. First he never replaced the impeller like I asked him
to, saying he checked it and was working fine. Then the boat overheated
because the impeller failed. Then he installed the wrong temperature
thermostat when trying to "fix" the problem, never finding the bad manifold
gasket. Earlier he used the wrong spark plugs during a routine tune-up.

Boy am I glad we switched marinas and now have a good mechanic. ;-)