posted to talk.politics.misc,rec.arts.tv,rec.food.cooking,rec.boats,rec.motorcycles

Default For Chuck. Any new hull designs coming out ?

Chuck, I do understand that boat hulls haven't changed much since
before the days of the Egyptians. But the most exotic thing I've seen
is that bio-diesel burning,ocean racer that's been posted on here
before. supposed to handle the roughest seas etc.
I was curious if there was any more modern hull revelations out there.

Chuck Gould wrote:
British Humper wrote:
On 4 Oct 2006 11:20:20 -0700, wrote:

I've wondered what tghe new product lines are doing these days. Of
course, there's a lot of styling changes from the days (1983) of what
my ChrisCraft was built. But was wondering if anyone was coming up with
any new theories on V-hulls to make production and/or cruising more
efficient?

Wanna learn how to post? Don't see what these groups have in common.

The only efficient thing going right now are them new Volvo IPS
drives. Wish they had them when I bought my boat! Definately worth
trading for...

http://www.volvo.com/volvopenta/na/en-us/

Got my eye on a Beneteau cause a this.

It would be tough to make any significant change to the design of a
displacement or semi-displacement monohull that would dramatically
improve efficiency. The IPS system is arguably more efficient- (but one
has to factor in the cost of original acquistion and then the dynamics
change a lot)- but IPS is a drive system, not a modification to a hull.

I just today became aware of a new catamaran coming to the Pacific NW
soon. The builder claims the 36-foot cruising cat will turn 15 knots on
3.5 gph; and that's outstanding efficiency if the claim bears out.

posted to talk.politics.misc,rec.arts.tv,rec.food.cooking,rec.boats,rec.motorcycles

wrote:
BrianNZ wrote:
wrote:
BrianNZ wrote:
wrote:
I've wondered what the new product lines are doing these days. Of
course, there's a lot of styling changes from the days (1983) of what
my ChrisCraft was built. But was wondering if anyone was coming up with
any new theories on V-hulls to make production and/or cruising more
efficient?

George Micheal has been picked up for 'cruising' in public
toilets....are these V-hulls OK for efficient toilet cruising?

LOL! maybe the answer is in "Jewsweek" But then again, only Fred
could answer that one.

It must be hard for Fred to live in a country where there is only one
newspaper and no internet to have a look at what other countries are
reporting.....his trolling belongs in the toilet.

Exactly.
A local company I have done some work with are doing well building
'Super Yachts'.

http://www.fitzroyyachts.com/profile.htm

A bit out of many people price range, but if you have the cash, they
would be 'recreational' to say the least.

I must comment that their styling is an interesting study.
Non-traditional as of to say, but really quite beautiful.

http://www.fitzroyyachts.com/gallery.htm

What do you do for Fitzroy?

just curious.

I was seconded to them from the company I work for, as a draughtsman, to
draw up some pressure vessels.....nice simple stuff compared to what the
yacht drafties had to draw up!.....all those curves.....

I got to look over the 'Zulu' before it was launched. It made me feel
like a third world peasant with all that luxury.

I'll have to wait for my next life before I can hope to get into one of
them!.......until then, it's recreational motorcycles.....

BrianNZ wrote:
I got to look over the 'Zulu' before it was launched. It made me feel
like a third world peasant with all that luxury.

I'll have to wait for my next life before I can hope to get into one of
them!.......until then, it's recreational motorcycles.....

That's like the story of Louis Chevrolet being a designer for GM's
Buick Motor Division.

He broke away from Buick and started making his own, with a quote.

"Here I was, designing cars [Buick] that I myself couldn't afford."

posted to talk.politics.misc,rec.arts.tv,rec.food.cooking,rec.boats,rec.motorcycles

oups.com...

Chuck Gould wrote:
British Humper wrote:
[...]

If you look at the Radon and Davis boats. Very seaworthy Left Coast boats.
The Radon's were originally the boat for commercial abalone divers. The
hull looks a lot like the old Catalina flying boats.

posted to talk.politics.misc,rec.arts.tv,rec.boats,rec.motorcycles,alt.sailing.asa

WHY THE **** DON"T YOU STOP CROSS-POSTING YOUR OFF TOPIC ****?

In ink.net,
Calif Bill typed:
oups.com...

Chuck Gould wrote:
British Humper wrote:
[...]

Why don't you take it up with fred?

Cross Poster wrote:
WHY THE **** DON"T YOU STOP CROSS-POSTING YOUR OFF TOPIC ****?

Deep breaths.......Now look at your keyboard.....bottom left
corner........now go to the third button up......push that and talk like
an adult.

It is not compulsory to read every post in every thread. Maybe the
heading "How Jewsweek distorts the News" should have been a clue someone
was trolling.....unless, of course, you were interested in "Jewsweek"?

Now, why are you posting this off-topic ****?....why not do what the
nice people from the 'boats' group did and post something on topic from
whichever group you are hanging out in, and maybe find someone with a
common interest........much nicer than shouting at everyone.

What do you think about those Suzuki DRZ 400's.....awesome dirtbikes, or
what!

Have a nice day.

agreed!

Sweetness wrote:
"BrianNZ" wrote in message
: Cross Poster wrote:
: WHY THE **** DON"T YOU STOP CROSS-POSTING YOUR OFF TOPIC ****?
:
:
:
:
[...]

Aaaaaah...
The voice of reason.
Thankyou.

--
Sweetness...
To err is human; to forgive, divine. To torture and kill is deliciously