Default Removing the prop shaft on a Johnson 15hp.

Does anyone know how to remove the prop shaft from a 1985 Johnson 15hp?
I dont know if I'm just not using enough force or what but I've.

1. Removed the gearbox from the leg
2. Drain the oil.
3. Removed the shift shaft
4. Removed the little screw that allows the shift shaft to pivot.

I have cut a hole in a piece of 4x2 timber and placed it over the shaft
and then put the nut on the shaft and attempted to pull on the timber
but I can not seem to remove the shaft.

Is there anything else I've forgotten?

Cheers
Steve

No, didn't forget, ordered already but in transit.

Thanks though for your well considered approach.

Changing Prop inwater. (lessons learned) Steve Cruising 3 May 2nd 05 12:08 AM
Spare Prop. Wrong shaft size!$##%^&* Steve Cruising 9 January 24th 05 06:25 PM
Prop christopher krigbaum General 4 June 26th 04 01:07 PM
convert johnson prop to mercury richg99 General 1 September 22nd 03 12:23 PM
1972 Johnson 20 HP - Can't Find A Prop RDJ Boat Building 2 September 6th 03 01:18 PM