Default A modest suggestion for Lebanon...

Harry Krause wrote:

Hire the mafia to keep Hezbollah under control.

When I was a young man, working my first "real job" as a reporter for a
newspaper in Kansas City, my pay was absolutely bottom dollar. I asked
one of the city editors where I could live "safely" on the cheap.

He said, "You want to live in North Kansas City. It's the poorest part
of the metro area, but it has the lowest crime rate." He suggested a
particular neighborhood and I moved there.

I lived there for two years. There was virtually no crime. No robberies,
no rapes, no car theft, no break-ins, no nothing. I know because I
worked the police beat two nights a week and saw the crime stats for all
parts of the city on a regular basis.

Why no crime?

Because the "capo" lived in North Kansas City, and so did many of his
crew, and the capo made it known that there was to be "no crime" in his
neighborhood. And there wasn't. Well, there was very little crime. The
one shooting I recall resulted in the perpetrator being taken out to a
cemetery by one of the made guys where he was taken care of, in a
permanent way.

Lebanon's civil and military authorities don't have what it takes to
control Hezbollah. But the mafia could. It takes a ruthless force to
control a ruthless force. Just pay the mafia for every member of
Hezbollah it eliminates.

Yea, ok, the mafia lived there so there was no crime.

Your suggestion is like arming Saddam to fight the Iranians.

What an idiot.

-- Charlie

Charlie wrote:

What an idiot.

Your childish and petty name calling does nothing for your credibility

Harry Krause wrote:
basskisser wrote:
Charlie wrote:

What an idiot.

Your childish and petty name calling does nothing for your credibility

Is this the same "Charles Stanley" doofus who used to visit here?

Probably. Acts the same!