Eisboch

Default Sat Radio - a suggestion

We are really enjoying the sat radio systems. I ended up buying Mrs. E a
system for Christmas, so she won't be borrowing mine.

One suggestion for those considering Sirius or XM. Both require docking
stations, and they sell a "car" station and a "home" station in the event
you would like to unplug the receiver and use it hooked up to your home
stereo system.

The car docking station has, in addition to audio line out, a FM modulator
output that allows you to play it through your car radio. The home docking
station does not have the FM modulator, so you have to use audio cables.

Instead of getting the home station, I got two car docking systems. One is
installed in her car. The other, I installed in the house using a cheap 13.8
volt, 3 amp power supply purchased at the local Rat Shack.

The advantage of using the car docking station in the house is that any FM
receiver in the house can be tuned to pick up the signal. We have a large,
(8000 sq ft.) house here in MA and the music can be played in every room,
as long as there is a FM radio available. The car docking kit has a little
FM antenna that produces just enough signal to be received clearly anywhere
in the house, or outside within a couple of hundred feet.

I will be picking up another car docking station for installation on the
boat in the spring.

Eisboch

Eisboch

BTW,

To all, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

For those offended by any perceived religious or political content, go suck
a lemon.

Eisboch

Short Wave Sportfishing

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 17:17:25 GMT, "Eisboch"
wrote:

BTW,

To all, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

For those offended by any perceived religious or political content, go suck
a lemon.

Back at 'cha.

Except for the lemon part. :)

Merry Christmas.

Later,

Tom
Short Wave Sportfishing

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 17:10:47 GMT, "Eisboch"
wrote:

[...]

Yep.

And if you have a stereo system hooked up to your computer, you can
stream Sirius programming over the web - which is what I do. Nobody
in the house (namely my wife) likes the kind of music I do. :)

Later,

Tom