Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Back in town...

and had a great trip to South Carolina.

I love the Charleston area - hired a local guide who had a Ranger
Ghost and went speckled trout fishing - wonderful on a fly rod - I
forgot how much fun those things can be on light tackle.

Also did something interesting - fishing the rip at Fort Sumter - that
was unique.

Looked at a few boats - saw one I liked a lot, made an offer, but we
couldn't come to an agreement on price. According to the broker, I'm
still in contention because it's the only offer the owner has had.
It's a Buddy Davis design - we'll see.

Just back also- a couple of hours ago. Mrs.E. and I took the mini-RV down
to Norfolk Naval Station to visit number two son, his wife and 6 month old
kid. We left last Thursday and just got back. Time flies. He has less than
a year left in the military and is now an official "Shortimer".

Other than the 96 degree weather, we had a great visit. Toured the base and
eyeballed some of the fleet that were in. Some of the new cruisers and
destroyers that are designed to be "stealthy" are really interesting to see.
They look like gigantic versions of the F-118 stealth fighter/bomber and
obviously have some kind of covering on the exterior bulkheads.
Unfortunately, no picture taking is allowed were we were. By comparison,
the ships I served on look like they were designed during the Civil War or
sooner.

Saturday, my son, a Marine friend of his and I spent a couple of hours over
at the Marine shooting range on the base. I got a big kick out of this,
having not fired a handgun since I was in boot camp in 1968, using a 1911
..45 caliper.

I rented a Glock .40 and shot off a couple of boxes of rounds. Didn't do
too badly, although it didn't impress any of the Marines.

Stayed at a absolutely fantastic campground Sunday night on the Eastern
Shore of Virginia (off of Rt. 13)
We had a spot right on the bay ... maybe 30 feet from the water, and nobody
else around us. Nice, quiet reflective night.

Eisboch

Think warm, dream sun; boat show's back in town Garrison Hilliard General 0 January 15th 05 08:11 PM
Seven Days in the Sea of Cortez, Part 1 [email protected] Touring 5 January 13th 05 05:52 AM
Mohawk Intrepid 17 vs Mad River Revelation vs Old Town Tripper? G D Wright General 2 May 28th 04 09:23 AM
I am back! jps General 11 March 2nd 04 01:33 AM
back with a problem now Nancy General 14 August 2nd 03 04:43 AM