Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
supsand

Default Please Help Fix My Mistake

I just bought a new 18 ft. runabout. It was a 2005 model that the
dealer had for a year. The boat was stored outside but under a large
canopy.

On our first trip out we scratched the bow area of the boat due to
inexperience in docking. I desparetly wanted them gone and tried the
following:

1. Cleaned with hull cleaner.
2. Used 3M compound.
3. Used 3M wax.

My first mistake was not reading this newsgroup first and getting
advice!!! My second was the compound. The hull is black and I freaked
out at the amount of black paint coming off on the white rag. The wax
made it look better but it definately doesn't look new. Now I could
care less about the scratches, I just want my new boat back. Did I ruin
the gelcoat?

Any opinions welcome. You can even call me a dummy cause I sure feel
like one!!!

Thanks.

Centerboard Mistake SUZY ASA 4 May 21st 06 07:32 AM
Scotty's mistake Joe ASA 146 April 7th 06 03:18 AM
Training for sailboats/yachts [email protected] Cruising 35 January 6th 06 12:01 AM
OT--He was wrong then, and he's about to repeat the mistake NOYB General 21 November 22nd 05 09:55 PM