posted to alt.sailing.asa
SUZY

Default Centerboard Mistake

Had the LaBrisa out most yesterday, The wind was cranking steady 15-20
with heavy puffs.
Wasen't paying attention and got blown over near the channel. That was
the first mistake, FN powerboater kept going by fast and throwing wakes
that prevented me from bailing out the boat. Second mistake was it been
about 8 weeks since I pulled the centerboard and the centerboard was
covered with barnnicles, did not release it at the time but my feet got
cut up pretty good righting the boat 4 times. Later after I dried out I
noticed I had many 3-5" long strips of skin hanging off my feet like
spare shoestrings, not deep enough to draw blood but deep enough to be
a tender foot today. Had to sail the boat most of the way to the bank
just by jib, full to the gunnels with water to get out of the chopp
enough to bail the boat.

Someone asked why the boom end was covered in mud.

Lost my new sunglasses to DavyJones locker ;0(

Still it was a blast and I might go do it again today !(Cept the
capsizing part)

Capt. Suzy
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz

http://www.sploid.com/news/2006/05/docs_refuse_to.php

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Thom Stewart

Joe,

When I was a Kid. Way back in Depression Years. Had a good Friend
converted a "Lightning" to a cruising boat and it was the damnist
convert I'd ever seen. He put a shelter cabin with two bunks and a
Coleman stove

I bring it up because I thought he'd be full of water all the time. Was
I wrong! when it got rough, he'd lift that centerboard and give up to
Leeway and just seemed to slide side-ways over the waves, It was a dry
boat and if it got to bad, he'd sail it into the beach and wait it out
in the cabin.

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomPage

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Paladin

"SUZY" wrote in message oups.com...
| Had the LaBrisa out most yesterday, The wind was cranking steady 15-20
| with heavy puffs.
| Wasen't paying attention and got blown over near the channel. That was
| the first mistake, FN powerboater kept going by fast and throwing wakes
| that prevented me from bailing out the boat. Second mistake was it been
| about 8 weeks since I pulled the centerboard and the centerboard was
| covered with barnnicles, did not release it at the time but my feet got
| cut up pretty good righting the boat 4 times. Later after I dried out I
| noticed I had many 3-5" long strips of skin hanging off my feet like
| spare shoestrings, not deep enough to draw blood but deep enough to be
| a tender foot today. Had to sail the boat most of the way to the bank
| just by jib, full to the gunnels with water to get out of the chopp
| enough to bail the boat.
|
| Someone asked why the boom end was covered in mud.
|
| Lost my new sunglasses to DavyJones locker ;0(
|
| Still it was a blast and I might go do it again today !(Cept the
| capsizing part)

Lies and more lies.

Paladin

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Lady Pilot

"Paladin" noneofyourbusiness.www wrote in message
.. .

"SUZY" wrote in message
oups.com...
| Had the LaBrisa out most yesterday, The wind was cranking steady 15-20
| with heavy puffs.
| Wasen't paying attention and got blown over near the channel. That was
| the first mistake, FN powerboater kept going by fast and throwing wakes
| that prevented me from bailing out the boat. Second mistake was it been
| about 8 weeks since I pulled the centerboard and the centerboard was
| covered with barnnicles, did not release it at the time but my feet got
| cut up pretty good righting the boat 4 times. Later after I dried out I
| noticed I had many 3-5" long strips of skin hanging off my feet like
| spare shoestrings, not deep enough to draw blood but deep enough to be
| a tender foot today. Had to sail the boat most of the way to the bank
| just by jib, full to the gunnels with water to get out of the chopp
| enough to bail the boat.
|
| Someone asked why the boom end was covered in mud.
|
| Lost my new sunglasses to DavyJones locker ;0(
|
| Still it was a blast and I might go do it again today !(Cept the
| capsizing part)

Lies and more lies.

SUZY is Joe in the Houston, Tx area...geez, get a clue!

LP

centerboard paint??? derbyrm Boat Building 7 April 20th 06 12:17 AM
Scotty's mistake Joe ASA 146 April 7th 06 03:18 AM
OT--He was wrong then, and he's about to repeat the mistake NOYB General 21 November 22nd 05 09:55 PM
Securing centerboard when trucking boat Des General 3 October 19th 05 02:38 PM