NOYB

Default OT--He was wrong then, and he's about to repeat the mistake

In 1993, Representive Murth urged President Clinton to withdraw our troops
from Somalia:

"Our welcome has been worn out," Rep Murtha told NBC's "Today" show in Sept.
1993, after the Mogadishu battle cost the lives of 18 U.S. Rangers.
The Pennsylvania Democrat announced that President Clinton had been
"listening to our suggestions. And I think you'll see him move those troops
out very quickly."

In 1996, bin Laden's Declaration of War on the US made specific mention of
the 1993 withdrawal of US troops from Somalia. bin Laden used it as
propaganda to help recruit more terrorists:

"But your most disgraceful case was in Somalia; where- after vigorous
propaganda about the power of the USA and its post cold war leadership of
the new world order- you moved tens of thousands of international force,
including twenty eight thousands American solders into Somalia. However,
when tens of your solders were killed in minor battles and one American
Pilot was dragged in the streets of Mogadishu you left the area carrying
disappointment, humiliation, defeat and your dead with you. Clinton appeared
in front of the whole world threatening and promising revenge , but these
threats were merely a preparation for withdrawal. You have been disgraced by
Allah and you withdrew; the extent of your impotence and weaknesses became
very clear. It was a pleasure for the "heart" of every Muslim and a remedy
to the "chests" of believing nations to see you defeated in the three
Islamic cities of Beirut , Aden and Mogadishu."

Now, in 2005, Murtha wants to repeat the mistake:

"I believe before the Iraqi elections, scheduled for mid December, the Iraqi
people and the emerging government must be put on notice that the United
States will IMMEDIATELY REDEPLOY. All of Iraq must know that Iraq is free.
Free from United States occupation. I believe this will send a signal to the
Sunnis to join the political process for the good of a "free" Iraq.

My plan calls:

To immediately redeploy U.S. troops consistent with the safety of U.S.
forces.

To create a quick reaction force in the region.

To create an over- the- horizon presence of Marines.

To diplomatically pursue security and stability in Iraq

This war needs to be personalized. As I said before I have visited with the
severely wounded of this war. They are suffering.

Because we in Congress are charged with sending our sons and daughters into
battle, it is our responsibility, our obligation is to speak out for them.
That's why I am speaking out.

Our military has done everything that has been asked of them, the U.S. can
not accomplish anything further in Iraq militarily. IT IS TIME TO BRING THEM
HOME."

NOYB

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
NOYB wrote:
In 1993, Representive Murth

I'm sure you'll do a wonderful job convincing yourself and a few of the
other righties.

Your boy Bush is heading for history's dumpster.

So you have no comment on the fact that Murtha urged the removal of troops
from Somalia in 1993, and bin Laden used that specific retreat as propaganda
material in a fatwa he issued 3 years later declaring war on the US?

BTW--Today's "Bush Approval rating":

Monday November 21, 2005--Forty-five percent (45%) of American adults
approve of the way George W. Bush is performing his role as President.
Fifty-four percent (54%) of Americans Disapprove of the President's
performance.

Among Republicans, 78% give the President their Approval. That view is
shared by 19% of Democrats and 36% of those not affiliated with either major
political party.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/Bush_Job_Approval.htm

Skipper

NOYB wrote:

"Harry Krause" wrote:

I'm sure you'll do a wonderful job convincing yourself and a few of the
other righties.

Your boy Bush is heading for history's dumpster.

So you have no comment on the fact that Murtha urged the removal of troops
from Somalia in 1993, and bin Laden used that specific retreat as propaganda
material in a fatwa he issued 3 years later declaring war on the US?

Nor does he have comment on the following:

"The closer you look at the unions of today, the scummier they
look.Those who run the day to day operation of unions are mostly just
crooks, assorted ****-ups, scalawags, and ne'er-do-wells. They couldn't
hold a job if not for their union position. And now this assortment is
demanding control of all our well run company pension funds. Fat
chance!"

"Now I don't want to come off as anti-union, which I'm not. At one time
unions did a great service for America. Unfortunately, leftist whackos
like Harry Krause elbowed their way into these unions and seized control
from real Americans. You know how these scumbags always insist on things
only going their way. They leave no room for divergent opinions. Just
look at the mess these leftists have made of the Middle East."

"And then there's Carter. He and Stansfield Turner gutted our military
and intelligence network. Those with real Middle East intelligence
skills were sent packing. We are still paying for Carter's blunders. So,
who's fault is it? Johnson? Carter? Or those always anti-Americans on
the Looney Left...you know, Harry Krause types."

--
Skipper
Wayne.B

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 16:30:34 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

[snipped]

====================================

So what's the status of the new boat?
Doug Kanter

nk.net...

NOYB wrote:
In 1993, Representive Murth

I'm sure you'll do a wonderful job convincing yourself and a few of the
other righties.

Your boy Bush is heading for history's dumpster.

So you have no comment on the fact that Murtha urged the removal of troops
from Somalia in 1993, and bin Laden used that specific retreat as
propaganda material in a fatwa he issued 3 years later declaring war on
the US?

Some people know when to let a country melt down all by itself. I'm sure
that some of our representatives thought that leaving would show weakness,
which is exactly what OBL said. So what? If your neighbor's marriage is
falling apart, do you offer to talk if they need to? Or, do you kick in
their front door and tell them you're not leaving until they straighten
things out?

NOYB

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 16:30:34 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

[snipped]

====================================

So what's the status of the new boat?

Very nice. The generator is getting replaced a week from Friday. The boat
runs very well...with a cruise speed of just under 31 mph burning
approximately 23 gph.

I "detailed" the inside yesterday, and found water in the forward bilge. I
located a small crack in a plastic fitting running to the Cruisair raw water
pump. I replaced it with a bronze fitting. From now on, I know to close
the seacocks that I'm not using...and to inspect them more thoroughly before
any long runs.

I have to say that it's *very* nice working in the cabin when the air is
running.

One thing that I didn't know is that the owners manual states that the A/C
shouldn't be run when operating the outboards over 2500 RPM. It has
something to do with the water pickup, and the possibility that the water
flow to the A/C could get disrupted at the higher planing speeds. So the
generator and A/C will get used while grouper digging or when trolling...but
not on the long runs out to the fishing grounds.

Wayne.B

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 21:11:09 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

One thing that I didn't know is that the owners manual states that the A/C
shouldn't be run when operating the outboards over 2500 RPM.

Interesting. I never have that problem with the trawler running at 9
kts. :-) You could probably replace the through hull fitting with a
"scoop" type that would actually force water through the A/C at speed,
but I suppose there's always the risk of losing cooling water to the
generator as well.

Fuel burn sounds very reasonable for a boat of that size and speed.

John H.

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 11:22:24 -0500, Harry Krause

Don't pray in my public schools, and I won't think in your church.
Or elsewhere, for that matter.

NOYB

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 21:11:09 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

One thing that I didn't know is that the owners manual states that the A/C
shouldn't be run when operating the outboards over 2500 RPM.

Interesting. I never have that problem with the trawler running at 9
kts. :-) You could probably replace the through hull fitting with a
"scoop" type that would actually force water through the A/C at speed,
but I suppose there's always the risk of losing cooling water to the
generator as well.

I would hope that if the solution was that easy, then Grady would have done
it. But sometimes the simplest things are often overlooked. When I get the
new lift, I'll look at the bottom of the hull to see if there's a scoop-type
pickup. Maybe Grady feels that an offshore boat running 20-30 mph in rough
seas could break the through-hull free from the water, causing the pump to
lose it's prime?

If that's the case, then it wouldn't be a problem in flat seas.

Fuel burn sounds very reasonable for a boat of that size and speed.

I was pretty happy with it. The performance data that Yamaha lists for
their 250 four-strokes gives an optimum cruise of approximately 30 mph,
burning approximately 19 gph. That's 1 mph slower, but a 20% improvement in
overall fuel burn rate. Of course, I was running with 1800 lbs. of fuel,
250 pounds of water, and 5 people on board...and my boat had the additional
weight of the optional generator...plus the drag from all of the eisenglass.

NOYB

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

nk.net...

NOYB wrote:
In 1993, Representive Murth

I'm sure you'll do a wonderful job convincing yourself and a few of the
other righties.

Your boy Bush is heading for history's dumpster.

So you have no comment on the fact that Murtha urged the removal of
troops from Somalia in 1993, and bin Laden used that specific retreat as
propaganda material in a fatwa he issued 3 years later declaring war on
the US?

Some people know when to let a country melt down all by itself. I'm sure
that some of our representatives thought that leaving would show weakness,
which is exactly what OBL said. So what? If your neighbor's marriage is
falling apart, do you offer to talk if they need to? Or, do you kick in
their front door and tell them you're not leaving until they straighten
things out?

You are *the* man of off-the-wall analogies.

You compare the situation in Somalia to a failing marriage? How would have
talking to Aideed helped in Somalia?