Default Lost Gas Cap!

Hi,
I've got a 93 Crownline 182BR and the dockhands misplaced my gas cap
this weekend. The boat is not with me in town at the moment and I need
to know what size cap I need as a replacement. Does anyone here know
what size diameter that would be...or point me somewhere that might
have it listed?
I've emailed Crownline but who knows how long it could take for them to
reply back.
Thanks!

Thanks smartass.

Don White

Sean Corbett wrote:
You wrote:

Hi,
I've got a 93 Crownline 182BR and the dockhands misplaced my gas cap
this weekend. The boat is not with me in town at the moment and I need
to know what size cap I need as a replacement. Does anyone here know
what size diameter that would be...or point me somewhere that might
have it listed?
I've emailed Crownline but who knows how long it could take for them to
reply back.

Some companies have these amazing new devices called telephones.

Yup! That's the only way I can contact the company that made my
sailboat. No one ever seems to answer e-mails.

r_d

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,
I've got a 93 Crownline 182BR and the dockhands misplaced my gas cap
this weekend. The boat is not with me in town at the moment and I need
to know what size cap I need as a replacement. Does anyone here know
what size diameter that would be...or point me somewhere that might
have it listed?
I've emailed Crownline but who knows how long it could take for them to
reply back.
Thanks!

I would get on to West Marine's website and see if you can find the same
filler. I bet the boat manuf used a standard off the shelf filler. If so
then run by any marina and get a new cap just make sure where ever the boat
is now that somebody has put duct tape over the hole. The new and improved
super-duper gasoline is very hydrophilic and will suck in any rain that
happens to find its way into the tank. You can also call any dealer that
sells the boat and ask the same question. I would bet they used a generic
filler and cap. I would not bother with emails. No company (or very few)
pay attention to emails any more.

good luck,
mark

Lost at sea for 22 days, men text message for help jlrogers ASA 0 May 11th 06 11:30 PM
Well, looks like my wife lost about $75,000.00 today [email protected] General 3 February 24th 06 02:32 AM
Lost the Bite.... Capt.Mooron ASA 10 February 6th 06 07:44 PM
Not your Grandpa's Sea Shanties: Bounding Main Releases Second CD, Lost at Sea Rugglesby Tall Ships 0 January 23rd 06 06:35 AM
Why Bobsprit is a lost soul Bozo ASA 0 November 9th 05 07:44 PM