Default Well, looks like my wife lost about $75,000.00 today

:wtf:
http://www.mcall.com/business/sns-ap...,1588153.story

I know, I'm a legal simplton, but one thing I don't understand is
seeing that Sherwin quit using lead in paint in the 50's well BEFORE it
was realized to be a health hazard, in which a 1978 ruling suppressed
lead-paint all together. And still Sherwin, and NL can be held
responsible, liable, or even guilty of "negligence"

Anyhow, seeing that the majority of her retirement is held in Sherwin
stock, yep, so far she lost about $75K by the drop on the exchanges.

If the Rhode Island suit goes through then I wonder how many other
states will file suite,and then I wonder about the strength of the
companies future.
:huh:
Things around here arn't very happy right now....

But I suppose on the brighter side, it's just a couple months till
boating season.
I wish it would hurry up!

Nice to see another well qualified jury decide an important issue.

Think about this next time you get a jury summons.

One of my BILs lost a lot of my respect recently when he stated "Jury
duty is for people who are too stupid to get out of it." He is not a
complete bonehead. He has been CEO of an US company owned by a large
Japanese company. He is a successful business executive. I pointed out
that he had ended up in civil court over actions taken by the CFO of a
family owned business where he was CEO. I reminded him that he was able
to escape civil liability only through the work of a great lawyer and a
decent jury. If he had had a dumbass jury the results might have been
different. He didn't like the feedback much. He did understand the
point.

wrote:
[...]

NOYB

" wrote in message
oups.com...
Nice to see another well qualified jury decide an important issue.

Think about this next time you get a jury summons.

One of my BILs lost a lot of my respect recently when he stated "Jury
duty is for people who are too stupid to get out of it." He is not a
complete bonehead. He has been CEO of an US company owned by a large
Japanese company. He is a successful business executive. I pointed out
that he had ended up in civil court over actions taken by the CFO of a
family owned business where he was CEO. I reminded him that he was able
to escape civil liability only through the work of a great lawyer and a
decent jury.

I'll agree with the "great lawyer" argument, but a smart jury is not fooled
by a great lawyer.

Del Cecchi

oups.com...

wrote:
:wtf:
http://www.mcall.com/business/sns-ap...,1588153.story

I know, I'm a legal simplton, but one thing I don't understand is
seeing that Sherwin quit using lead in paint in the 50's well BEFORE
it
was realized to be a health hazard, in which a 1978 ruling suppressed
lead-paint all together. And still Sherwin, and NL can be held
responsible, liable, or even guilty of "negligence"

Anyhow, seeing that the majority of her retirement is held in Sherwin
stock, yep, so far she lost about $75K by the drop on the exchanges.

If the Rhode Island suit goes through then I wonder how many other
states will file suite,and then I wonder about the strength of the
companies future.
:huh:
Things around here arn't very happy right now....

She didn't learn anything from the Enron and Worldcom episodes? Don't
keep your retirement money in the companies stock. Sell it as soon as
you can. 8000 shares or thereabouts is not a good idea.

del

Lost a job today SUZY ASA 1 February 4th 06 04:11 PM
I went boating today, sort of ... Bryan General 19 January 24th 06 07:57 PM
Not your Grandpa's Sea Shanties: Bounding Main Releases Second CD, Lost at Sea Rugglesby Tall Ships 0 January 23rd 06 06:35 AM
Why Bobsprit is a lost soul Bozo ASA 0 November 9th 05 07:44 PM