NOYB

Default Well, looks like my wife lost about $75,000.00 today

" wrote in message
oups.com...
Nice to see another well qualified jury decide an important issue.

Think about this next time you get a jury summons.

One of my BILs lost a lot of my respect recently when he stated "Jury
duty is for people who are too stupid to get out of it." He is not a
complete bonehead. He has been CEO of an US company owned by a large
Japanese company. He is a successful business executive. I pointed out
that he had ended up in civil court over actions taken by the CFO of a
family owned business where he was CEO. I reminded him that he was able
to escape civil liability only through the work of a great lawyer and a
decent jury.

I'll agree with the "great lawyer" argument, but a smart jury is not fooled
by a great lawyer.