JohnH

Default One ringy-dingy

On Tue, 16 May 2006 13:31:27 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"JimH" jimh_osudad@yahooDOT com REMOVETHIS wrote in message

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message

"JimH" jimh_osudad@yahooDOT com REMOVETHIS wrote in message
. ..

wrote in message
oups.com...

JohnH wrote:
On Sun, 14 May 2006 08:06:39 -0400, Harry Krause

wrote:

Today is Mother's Day, the busiest day of the year for long-distance
calling. Imagine the workload next week at NSA.

Another reason to use Sunrocket VOIP, not to mention the 3 cents a
minute
rate to call Holland!
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****

You a big SunRocket supporter? I've been using them for a long time
now and really like how they operate.

Based on positive feedback from those with internet phone service I wish
I could get it in my area......but not one company yet offers it.
Comcast should be providing it within a year or 2. We are paying
$60/month on average for our phone service, even with a long distance
calling plan packaged in.

How about USADatanet?

I will check. Do you use them?

No. I don't want a phone based on Internet connectivity. Power outage = no
phone. And, I hardly make any long distance calls. Better off to use the
cell phone for the few I make.

The power outage problem is when I get out the cell phone, which hardly
ever gets used anyway.

I *am* lucky that I live in an area which has had very few power outages.
In the past eleven years we've had only one outage that lasted longer than
15 minutes, and that was for only about four hours.

(Knock on wood!)
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****
basskisser

JimH wrote:
"basskisser" wrote in message
oups.com...

JimH wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:

Today is Mother's Day, the busiest day of the year for long-distance
calling. Imagine the workload next week at NSA.

Another reason to use Sunrocket VOIP, not to mention the 3 cents a
minute
rate to call Holland!
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****

You a big SunRocket supporter? I've been using them for a long time
now and really like how they operate.

Based on positive feedback from those with internet phone service I wish
could get it in my area......but not one company yet offers it. Comcast
should be providing it within a year or 2. We are paying $60/month on
average for our phone service, even with a long distance calling plan
packaged in.

If you have high speed access (DSL, cable, etc.) you can have internet
telephony.

It is a must that I keep my current phone number if I make a change. No one
offers that key feature yet in our area.

But thanks for the previous links anyway.

That's odd. I kept my number.

JohnH

On 16 May 2006 13:05:20 -0700, "basskisser" wrote:

Tim wrote:
I hasve high-speed internet, BUT it's not really that dependable. And
I don't think it's reliable enough for quality phone service.

the telephony quality is excellent. Every few days I'll get an echo for
about 2 seconds, other than that, my Vonage has less noise than my
Bellsouth phone line had. My cable internet is very reliable, again
about as reliable as Bellsouth. I hated Bellsouth, and when the
technology became available to **** can them, I did just that!

The voice quality is better than that over Verizon. I've got hearing
problems and always have the phone volume as loud as it will go. With VOIP,
I have to turn the volume down.
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****

JimH

JimH wrote:
"basskisser" wrote in message
oups.com...

JimH wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:

[...]

Maybe it is an area by area situation.

Reginald P. Smithers

Vonage offers the service in your area, and you can keep your current
phone number.

I have used Vonage for 3 months, and have been very pleased with the
service.

If anyone wants to try the service, they offer 1 month free. Also, I
get two months free for recommending a friend, so if you are interested
let me know and I will "recommend" you.

Reginald P. Smithers

Did you check Vonage? They have a link you can check to make sure you
can transfer your phone. You are able to do this in most major
markets.

http://www.vonage.com/features.php?feature=lnp

Reginald P. Smithers

I found Bellsouth's service, to be typical of all monopolies. I jumped
at the chance to change providers.

vonage is first class.

If you are downloading large files, it is best to discontinue the
download while on the phone or limit the bandwidth available for
downloads on the computer.