Ender

Default Sea Ray 185 Sport vs. Glastron SX 175

I'm looking at picking up one of these two boats. Both dealers are
asking the same price for the two boats $20,995 (California). I'm just
looking for some comparison info on the two. Anyone have any
significant reason to choose one boat over the other? Also does this
price sound reasonable?

Bryan

"Ender" wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm looking at picking up one of these two boats. Both dealers are
asking the same price for the two boats $20,995 (California). I'm just
looking for some comparison info on the two. Anyone have any
significant reason to choose one boat over the other? Also does this
price sound reasonable?

The price is reasonable if what I paid for my 2005 Sea Ray 185 Sport was a
reasonable price.

The only negative I can offer about my Sea Ray is that I had so much fun
with it last summer that I regret not buying a 32 footer for trips to
Catalina Island.

The rest is all positives.

YMMV

Ender

I should have mentioned both boats are priced with the 4.3 litre 190 hp
engines (MerCruiser for the Sea Ray and Volvo Penta for Glastron)

trainfan1

Ender wrote:

I should have mentioned both boats are priced with the 4.3 litre 190 hp
engines (MerCruiser for the Sea Ray and Volvo Penta for Glastron)

The SX175 is a sleek boat - VEC hull, & the 4.3 is a much better option
than the base 3.0 4 cylinder - it is a 50mph+ boat. I'm partial to the
Glastron, but the price seems a little high. It should include a
trailer & Coast Guard package - or more - over the SeaRay?

Rob
Bryan

"trainfan1" wrote in message
news
Ender wrote:

I should have mentioned both boats are priced with the 4.3 litre 190 hp
engines (MerCruiser for the Sea Ray and Volvo Penta for Glastron)

The SX175 is a sleek boat - VEC hull, & the 4.3 is a much better option
than the base 3.0 4 cylinder - it is a 50mph+ boat. I'm partial to the
Glastron, but the price seems a little high. It should include a trailer
& Coast Guard package - or more - over the SeaRay?

Rob

I \assumed his boats came with trailers and coast guard packages and 4.3L
engines; otherwise the price is too high.

Ender

Sea Ray comes with:
Trailer w/swing away tongue
Coast Guard kit
Anchor kit
Bimini top
Snap in Carpet
AM/FM/CD
Depth Finder
Hour Meter
Full tank

Glastron I believe includes similar option although I am not sure about
the depth finder or hour meter