Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
RayB

Default What education?

On Fri, 07 Apr 2006 16:18:14 GMT, Gene Kearns
wrote:

On Fri, 07 Apr 2006 14:09:33 GMT, Shortwave Sportfishing
wrote:

http://www.break.com/movies/suffrage.html

I couldn't believe it.

I know that this is probably preaching to the choir... since I know
your wife is a teacher, but education is now defined as the ability to
pass a standardized test. It has nothing to do with ability to reason
or accrued knowledge.

A recent newspaper article found that, locally, of 350 applicants,
only 23 of 350 applicants with a high school diploma had adequate
skills in reading, writing, and math to begin entry level college
classes.... but having a high school diploma, we know they can pass
that test! Right?

I am feeling particularly mean today and really don't want to get
started on that one. :)

Perhaps there needs to be a "check box" on the diploma: DO NOT CLONE

Ray

What education? Doug Kanter General 30 April 11th 06 10:57 PM
What education? Doug Kanter General 15 April 10th 06 06:45 PM
What education? Black Dog General 1 April 7th 06 07:39 PM
What education? JohnH General 0 April 7th 06 07:32 PM
What education? JohnH General 3 April 7th 06 05:56 PM