Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
posted to alt.sailing
Bob Scott

Default Evinrude 6

I've got an old Evinrude 6 hp outboard which is in like new condition.
It has probably had very few hours of running time on it. I had no
problem starting it up even after it had been in storage for possibly
fifteen years! But yesterday I noticed that there wasn't very much
cooling water coming out. When I first started the motor there was a
more or less steady stream of water. But it was actually just dripping
out yesterday afternoon. I continued to run the engine at a moderate
speed (I was out on the lake when I first noticed the problem, and there
was no wind) and it performed normally and didn't seem to be overheated
when I got into the slip. Anyone have any suggestions? I don't want to
ruin that little motor!