jerry

Default 1997 Evinrude 15hp questions

I just bought a 1997 15hp Evinrude. I purchased a Shop Manual
thinking that that might help me figure out a couple of the features I
don't understand but it doesn't.

Like what is the little knob on the end of the tiller handle for? I t
also look like you can lock the engine in place to keep it from moving
from side to side when towing. Is that right?

I would like to have an owners manual but was unable to find a source
on the net. Any suggestions.

Jerry
Don White

jerry wrote:
I just bought a 1997 15hp Evinrude. I purchased a Shop Manual
thinking that that might help me figure out a couple of the features I
don't understand but it doesn't.

Like what is the little knob on the end of the tiller handle for? I t
also look like you can lock the engine in place to keep it from moving
from side to side when towing. Is that right?

I would like to have an owners manual but was unable to find a source
on the net. Any suggestions.

Jerry

On my smaller 1986 6hp Evinrude, the manual says that knob serves two
purposes.
with the engine running and the throttle turned down low, you turn the
knob clockwise to adjust idle speed up & counter-clockwise to reduce
idle speed. Secondly, when you want to shut the engine off, after
reducing throttle and putting transmission into neutral...you push in
the button and it kills the engine.