posted to alt.sailing
Robert or Karen Swarts

Default Evinrude 6

Just had an almost identical experience. I did replace the impeller ($13)
and it did not solve the problem. Replaced the entire pump ($43), and the
engine now works fine.

BS

"Bob Scott" wrote in message
m...
I've got an old Evinrude 6 hp outboard which is in like new condition. It
has probably had very few hours of running time on it. I had no problem
starting it up even after it had been in storage for possibly fifteen
years! But yesterday I noticed that there wasn't very much cooling water
coming out. When I first started the motor there was a more or less
steady stream of water. But it was actually just dripping out yesterday
afternoon. I continued to run the engine at a moderate speed (I was out
on the lake when I first noticed the problem, and there was no wind) and
it performed normally and didn't seem to be overheated when I got into the
slip. Anyone have any suggestions? I don't want to ruin that little
motor!