H. Overbeek

Default Volvo Penta 39; Req. for Doc.

LS

For the past month or so I have been searching very extensively for
technical documentation on the Internet about a small vintage Volvo-Penta
outboard I acquired some weeks ago. Model Volvo Penta 39.
What I do know by know it is a 3.9Hp, 2-stroke, 1-cylinder, 70-80cc outboard
motor, that's about it.

The Volvo-Penta seems to have been a more or less identical successor to a
Monark and/or Crescent and/or Archimedes model, and maybe comeone can
support me in finding some technical documentation.
Any sort of Owners Manual, Service-, Repair- or Workshop Manual, or however
they called it at the time would be very welcome in order to prolong the
devices life, and in doing so it might drive my boat for some more years to
come.
I have posted this question in other boating related groups but
unfortunately to no avail, so I turn to a bit broader audience.

With my sincerest apologies for bothering all of you with my humble request,

Best regards,

Harm

ena

Hi there is a swedish book about the Swedish outboards - but it is in
Swedish (i ahev it) so a copy wouldent help much unless you can read Swedish
(or Danish/Norwegian - it is more or less the same language)

The Volvo penta Outboards existed from 1972 before that it was a Cresent -
and before that (around 1961) it was Electrolux outboards production enden
in 1979 - they had a range of OB`s starting with the 39 (3,9hp) and all the
way up to a 700 (70 hp) they where reliable OB`s and quite common here in
Scandinavia - but the hard competition (especialy on prices) in the late
70ìes ended up with Volvo closing the production of OB`s

"H. Overbeek" skrev i en meddelelse
. ..
[...]

Hello Ena,

Ofcourse english documentation would be better, but I am from Holland and
when reading Danish/Swedish/Norwegian I do recognize very much.
Is it a thick book ? I am particularly interested at this point in technical
drawings or (dis-)mounting diagrams since I have a technical problem at the
moment. Today the motor fell almost completely in the water and I don't have
ignition anymore, no spark at all. So I want to dis-assemble until I get to
the ignition components/parts/assembly to dry/repair. Also a part for
adjusting carburator settings to get it to run good would be useful, it
does either not run idle properly or it stalls when opening throttle.
If you could scan sections from the book I would appreciate very much.
Meanwhile I will continue to search for english or dutch version of the
technical documentation.

Best regards,
Harm

"ena" schreef in bericht
k...
[...]

Reggie Smithers

H. Overbeek wrote:
Ena ??

"ena" schreef in bericht
k...
[...]

Ena is a very common Irish name means "fire".

--
Reggie

"That's my story and I am sticking to it."

Reggie Smithers

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:
On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 11:55:02 -0500, Reggie Smithers
wrote:

Ena is a very common Irish name means "fire".

It also describes three thousand nine hundred and fifty different
types of snow in Eskimo.

It's all in how you pronounce it.

I promonuce it ena. ; )

I am curious where you heard about ena being different words for snow,
while it is an urban myth, it is not a common one.

Eskimo Snow Lexemes

A. Snow particles
(1) Snowflake

qanuk 'snowflake'

qanir- 'to snow'

qanunge- 'to snow' [NUN]

qanugglir- 'to snow' [NUN]

(2) Frost

kaneq 'frost'

kaner- 'be frosty/frost sth.'

(3) Fine snow/rain particles

kanevvluk 'fine snow/rain particles

kanevcir- to get fine snow/rain particles

(4) Drifting particles
natquik 'drifting snow/etc'

natqu(v)igte- 'for snow/etc. to drift along ground'

(5) Clinging particles

nevluk 'clinging debris/

nevlugte- 'have clinging debris/...'lint/snow/dirt...'

B. Fallen snow

(6) Fallen snow on the ground

aniu [NS] 'snow on ground'

aniu- [NS] 'get snow on ground'

apun [NS] 'snow on ground'

qanikcaq 'snow on ground'

qanikcir- 'get snow on ground'

(7) Soft, deep fallen snow on the ground

muruaneq 'soft deep snow'

(8) Crust on fallen snow

qetrar- [NSU] 'for snow to crust'

qerretrar- [NSU] 'for snow to crust'

(9) Fresh fallen snow on the ground

nutaryuk 'fresh snow' [HBC]

(10) Fallen snow floating on water

qanisqineq 'snow floating on water'

C. Snow formations

(11) Snow bank

qengaruk 'snow bank' [Y, HBC]

(12) Snow block

utvak 'snow carved in block'

(13) Snow cornice

navcaq [NSU] 'snow cornice, snow (formation) about to collapse'

navcite- 'get caught in an avalanche'

D. Meterological events

(14) Blizzard, snowstorm

pirta 'blizzard, snowstorm'

pircir- 'to blizzard'

pirtuk 'blizzard, snowstorm'

(15) Severe blizzard

cellallir-, cellarrlir- 'to snow heavily'

pir(e)t(e)pag- 'to blizzard severely'

pirrelvag- 'to blizzard severely'

--
Reggie

"That's my story and I am sticking to it."
H. Overbeek

Guys, guys, guys, you're getting quite Off Topic here. All I tried was to
re-activate Ena, she (?) may be the answer to my problems and you're
deviating into her name, please find yourselves an inuit group ;-).

Harm

"Reggie Smithers" schreef in bericht