H. Overbeek

Default Volvo Penta 39; Req. for Doc.

Hello Ena,

Ofcourse english documentation would be better, but I am from Holland and
when reading Danish/Swedish/Norwegian I do recognize very much.
Is it a thick book ? I am particularly interested at this point in technical
drawings or (dis-)mounting diagrams since I have a technical problem at the
moment. Today the motor fell almost completely in the water and I don't have
ignition anymore, no spark at all. So I want to dis-assemble until I get to
the ignition components/parts/assembly to dry/repair. Also a part for
adjusting carburator settings to get it to run good would be useful, it
does either not run idle properly or it stalls when opening throttle.
If you could scan sections from the book I would appreciate very much.
Meanwhile I will continue to search for english or dutch version of the
technical documentation.

Best regards,
Harm

"ena" schreef in bericht
k...
Hi there is a swedish book about the Swedish outboards - but it is in
Swedish (i ahev it) so a copy wouldent help much unless you can read

Swedish
(or Danish/Norwegian - it is more or less the same language)

The Volvo penta Outboards existed from 1972 before that it was a Cresent -
and before that (around 1961) it was Electrolux outboards production enden
in 1979 - they had a range of OB`s starting with the 39 (3,9hp) and all

the
way up to a 700 (70 hp) they where reliable OB`s and quite common here in
Scandinavia - but the hard competition (especialy on prices) in the late
70ìes ended up with Volvo closing the production of OB`s

"H. Overbeek" skrev i en meddelelse
. ..
LS

For the past month or so I have been searching very extensively for
technical documentation on the Internet about a small vintage

Volvo-Penta
outboard I acquired some weeks ago. Model Volvo Penta 39.
What I do know by know it is a 3.9Hp, 2-stroke, 1-cylinder, 70-80cc
outboard
motor, that's about it.

The Volvo-Penta seems to have been a more or less identical successor to

Monark and/or Crescent and/or Archimedes model, and maybe comeone can
support me in finding some technical documentation.
Any sort of Owners Manual, Service-, Repair- or Workshop Manual, or
however
they called it at the time would be very welcome in order to prolong the
devices life, and in doing so it might drive my boat for some more years
come.
I have posted this question in other boating related groups but
unfortunately to no avail, so I turn to a bit broader audience.

With my sincerest apologies for bothering all of you with my humble
request,

Best regards,

Harm