Default Merc Engine cowling decales

I'm looking for 1 set of engine cowling decales for a
2002 Merc 225 EFI sal****er Series. All I really need
are the ones on the back part of the cowling. There not
on the mercurypartsexpress.com site and I'm not having
luck woth the dealers.

Thanks

BillD
Pensacola, FL USA

RCE

On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 20:54:31 -0600, wrote:

I'm looking for 1 set of engine cowling decales for a
2002 Merc 225 EFI sal****er Series. All I really need
are the ones on the back part of the cowling. There not
on the mercurypartsexpress.com site and I'm not having
luck woth the dealers.

Find out who your manufacturer rep is and call him. He'll point you
in the right direction.

Seems like this is a common problem. It appears that the engine
manufacturers only order enough decals for a particular model year, probably
because they change the decals from year to year to identify a "new" model
year.

Seems like an after-market business opportunity exists unless there are some
complicated copyright issues. Decals are easily produced on a computer and
appropriate large printer designed for this application. We used to order
custom decals for the optical coating equipment we built and I saw how they
did it. Duck soup.

RCE

Wayne.B

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 08:29:47 -0500, "RCE" wrote:

And they look better also, IMO, particularly the black Mercs.

I don't know about other places but here in FL the new trend is to get
motor covers painted to match the trim on the boat. Some turn out
well but others look a bit hokey.

Maynard G. Krebbs

On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 20:54:31 -0600, wrote:

I'm looking for 1 set of engine cowling decales for a
2002 Merc 225 EFI sal****er Series. All I really need
are the ones on the back part of the cowling. There not
on the mercurypartsexpress.com site and I'm not having
luck woth the dealers.

Thanks

BillD
Pensacola, FL USA

If all else fails you might ask the people on
Alt.binaries.models.scale
They print decals all the time for plastic models.
Mark E. Williams

Nanni Diesel Engine Problems [email protected] General 10 February 3rd 06 02:41 PM
Atomic 4 Gas Engine Replacement Question ... Thomas Wentworth Boat Building 9 January 23rd 06 02:43 AM
Sailboat engine rebuild, replace, fix question Thomas Wentworth General 5 January 22nd 06 10:55 PM
Engine access [email protected] ASA 11 January 13th 06 12:48 AM
Winterizing Checklist Skipper General 27 November 10th 05 02:58 AM