K. Smith

Default E-Tec problems dealers demand standards; so I'll play

But why?? what are they trying to hide???? runaway william has been
trying to pretend E-Tec has a great history until of course it's to his
marketing advantage to deny it???
Hey it's your money.

Billgran wrote:
K. Smith wrote:

Paste from an "independent" magazine test.

Not surprisingly given its strong on-water performance, the Mercury
250XS pulled the most horsepower (252 hp at 5200 rpm). Next was the
Yamaha (246 hp at 5600 rpm). Evinrude brought up the rear (239 hp at
5600 rpm).

In terms of torque, the Yamaha 250 HPDI VMax edged Mercury with 268
lb.-ft. at 3800 rpm, vs. the Merc's 267 lb.-ft. at 4400 rpm.
Evinrude came in a distant third, with 250 lb.-ft. at 4000 rpm.

end paste;

Gee those pesky "independent" tests, the dealers must be making up
the
excuses as we type:-) look at the lack of E-Tec torque!!! Woohoo this
before your season even starts!!!!

Yes yes I know it's all technically legal, but be aware when the HP
numbers get big so does that 10% allowance. I assume E-Tec charge for
full 250HP??? Oops silly me now I remember, that's right they're MORE
expensive than the others.

Hey Karen,

Twice in the above post you mention the lack of E-TEC torque and HP. If you
would read the magazine article, it is from March of 2003 and they are
comparing the FICHT motor (Evinrude DI), not an E-TEC!!!!! That is 2
years BEFORE the V-6 E-TEC was put into production.

Talk about "spruiking" in reverse. Bad mouthing an engine and not even
knowing which one is being tested !!!!

Besides that, notice that the magazine comments on how well the FICHT runs
compared to the others, and that was the one they preferred.

Bill Grannis
service manager

Thanks for that correction runaway william & I'll readily concede your
point & apologise for any unintended confusion. Seriously, I do apologise.

I trust you'll do the same now for ALL your pro E-Tec posts??? You post
deceptive marketing BS all the time about your "pre-production" engines,
leaving out anything that might alert people to the risks involved in
buying a totally untried motor,which is derived from the same that sent
OMC bankrupt, put 7000 people out of work,lost 1.3 Billion (yes that's
Billion US) of retirees money?? At least the French of all people
finally nailed Soros!!! (seriously is that irony??)

In promoting E-Tec you deceptively claim;

The E-TECs are now in their 3rd year of production and doing very well.
There is no reason to assume that the 150 series would be a problem.

Bill Grannis
service manager

Hey look a citation asskisser!!!!:-)

About the E-TECs, they are super motors and are proving themselves on crab
boats, commercial fishing boats, law enforcement, SeaTow, etc. We have
almost no warranty problems and much fewer problems than we do with
Yamaha's.

Bill Grannis
service manager

& cited again asskisser; I'm really getting quite good at this; yes???:-)

You're addicted to marketing this BS runaway it's like a religion to
you:-) you really can't help yourself!!!.

Regardless we have finally made some progress in the debate runaway???
You do now admit that the first time we've seen big E-Tecs actually
delivered was your last summer???? & so you'll totally agree when I
point out that these engines have no track record of their own at all &
all your reliability claims are just more of your hopeful wishes???

Which is it?? your choice;
(a) a totally new untried technology based on the biggest technical
engine failure of all time which was Ficht or,
(b) do you choose to say hey these things are well tried over years of
production as Ficht?? Even Hobson would have a panic in the grey room:-)

I do giggle when an out & out full BS E-Tec marketer like you pings
me:-) regardless well done!!!

Thanks for the correction runaway I'll be more careful:-)

Billgran

"K. Smith" wrote in message

You do now admit that the first time we've seen big E-Tecs actually
delivered was your last summer???? & so you'll totally agree when I
point out that these engines have no track record of their own at all &
all your reliability claims are just more of your hopeful wishes???

The E-TEC was first introduced in Feb of 2003 and available in quantity
since about July or Aug of '03. The V-6 E-TEC's went into production in
October of 2004.

They are 2004, 2005, and now 2006 E-TEC engines. E-TECs are in their third
year of production

If you would like to veryify that, call 847-689-6200 which is Bombardier's
main line in Waukegan.

Skipper

Billgran wrote:

If you would like to veryify that, call 847-689-6200 which is Bombardier's
main line in Waukegan.

Bombardier has serious deficiencies in their management staff, and
workers pay is substandard.

--
Skipper
basskisser

Billgran wrote:
K. Smith wrote:

[...]

You never, ever cited anything about YOUR report. And then, better yet,
you must resort to childish, petty name calling. Certainly doesn't add
anything to YOUR credibility, huh? What are your qualifications to be
able to deduce what you have about E-Tec? Are you a mechanical
engineer? Physicist?