K. Smith

Default ETEC Performance Info

Billgran wrote:
"Butch Davis" wrote in message
nk.net...

Check out e-tecinfonet.org for some interesting data including
performance/consuption info with triple engines.

Butch

Thanks, Butch,

Karen,

Notice both the triple engine E-TEC 250 hp rigs can cruise close to 35mph
while consuming less than 9 gph per motor. Each one burns less than your
stated 30 gph at 35 mph when you were talking about with lighter twin engine
boats and didn't believe Gene's first hand account of fuel consumption! Once
again you are "blown out of the water" with published facts and not
someone's anonymous internet posts.

You really are insane runaway:-) The "claim" was a Contender 31
"cruising" at 35 mph on between 8 & 11 gph!!!! NO mention of per engine
if that was the claim then right there is the admission it was a
deliberate deceptive lie by a NG BS'ter!!! & I've queried it ever since
& still no "per" engine claim.

You really don't understand do you??? a very fast & light boat with lots
of prop pitch (for top speed) & 3 engines!!!! can do 35mph on 27 gph
which is almost exactly as I worked out for the original deception I said;

It's very high 20s -30 gph.

So your latest attempted marketing deception falls over again. The BS
dealer marketing page claims a ridiculous 23.28 gph @ 35 mph!!!! the
"corrected" numbers for that BRP dealer deception page are 27 gph.

Just as you tried with Ficht you need to silence me because I challenge
your marketing BS, I still can't believe it but people actually fall for
your BS.

I don't care how you do it 1 big engine, 2, 3, or 6 it will take about
300Hp to push boats of that size & weight at 35mph & that will take the
best part of 30gph of fuel & ALL the proper independent tests confirm
same for all the 2 strokes, & as expected the E-Tecs use MORE fuel than
other 2 strokes & of course more than a proper 4 stroke.

The BS dealer page is not "real" testing at all this is just false
advertising by the boat/engine suppliers (the dealers group) on a faked
up web page so they don't get sued as they should be for spreading such
BS. If they actually published this marketing BS anyone who fell for it
could & almost certainly would sue when it transpired it was just
outright BS; that's if Yamaha or Brunswick didn't get them into court first.

Funny thing is whenever the E-Tecs are independently tested they're
heavy, overpriced, fuel hungry dogs?? Again that's not even factoring in
that they're Ficht originating:-)

So would people actually buy these engines knowing the lengths you
dealers will go to carry off the latest deception???? What are you
really trying to hide?? Yes clearly you're trying to hide the real E-Tec
fuel consumption but are you dealers scared people will find out about
the reliability of running engines lean at power???

I drove that same HydraSport late last year and the power is amazing for
that much weight. The boat has a good hull for rough water and the motors
will push you back into the leaning post when you accelerate from a dead
stop or from a cruise speed.

A 35 ft boat at under 8200lbs??? is heavy???? Don't buy one with your
own money:-)

These are large heavy boats, add up all the weights including full gas tanks
that cost over $1000 to fill up.

So don't use E-Tecs they're fuel hungry as the "independent" non E-Tec
sponsored tests show.

Skipper

"K. Smith" wrote:

Billgran wrote:

Once again you are "blown out of the water" with published facts and not
someone's anonymous internet posts.

You really are insane runaway:-) The "claim" was a Contender 31
"cruising" at 35 mph on between 8 & 11 gph!!!!

I've followed these technical debates between you and Grannis for about
a decade. Gotta say I'm very disappointed in Bill's honesty and
unwillingness to admit it when he's been proven wrong as with Ficht.
Sad.

--
Skipper
Wayne.B

On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 14:17:30 +1100, "K. Smith" wrote:

I don't care how you do it 1 big engine, 2, 3, or 6 it will take about
300Hp to push boats of that size & weight at 35mph & that will take the
best part of 30gph of fuel

Sounds about right to me.

10 hp = 1 gph (gas)

The laws of physics have not yet been over turned.

Billgran

"K. Smith" wrote in message

The "claim" was a Contender 31
"cruising" at 35 mph on between 8 & 11 gph!!!! NO mention of per engine if
that was the claim then right there is the admission it was a deliberate
deceptive lie by a NG BS'ter!!!

A knowledgeable boat person would know that the claim was per engine,
without it having to be explained.

A 35 ft boat at under 8200lbs??? is heavy???? Don't buy one with your own
money:-)

Where did you get 8200 lbs.????

I guess you did not add up the weight of the 33' HydraSport of 8680# (not
8200) plus three 520+ # motors, all the rigging, 6 type 31 batteries, 2100#
of fuel, 520# of people and gear, etc. A rough calculation would be around
13,300 pounds. Over 6.5 tons of vessel, gear, and people, that's a fairly
heavy load to push thru the water with a deep V hull and still get 1.3 miles
per gallon.

Skipper

Billgran wrote:

K of Aussieland wrote:

The "claim" was a Contender 31 "cruising" at 35 mph on between 8 & 11 gph!!!!
NO mention of per engine if that was the claim then right there is the
admission it was a deliberate deceptive lie by a NG BS'ter!!!

A knowledgeable boat person would know that the claim was per engine,
without it having to be explained.

Are you claiming K does not know boats, or that we were not fed a large
dose of BS regarding Ficht problems from a well known NW boating sage?

--
Skipper

Skipper

Harry Krause wrote:

Are you claiming K does not know boats

She sure as hell knows nothing about modern technology outboards.

Are you claiming you know more about diesel outboard research than she
does?

--
Skipper
Skipper

Harry Krause wrote:

The only "proof" we have of her involvement in diesel outboards is a
fuzzy photo of a rusted-out homebuilt outboard of some sort clamped onto
a homemade bracket on the back of an old hulk boat, and her claim that
the outboard in that photo is a Japanese diesel bolted onto a homemade
lower unit.

What kind of "proof" do we have that you actually do have that oft
claimed fab Zimmermanlike lobster boat, Krause? Further, what evidence
is there that you have any actually boating experience...other than
posting to this NG 24/7/365?

The sad truth is that you're a rather weak-minded racist nincompoop who
actually believes your kind are the chosen. I've not seen anything from
your keyboard that leads me to believe you know anything about boats and
real boaters. You've backed away from every challenge and have been
proven a lying fraud.

--
Skipper
K. Smith

Billgran wrote:
"K. Smith" wrote in message

[...]

NO I was trying to be charitable & even worked it at 14000Lbs just for
the sake of comparison. Was trying to let him admit it as a "mistake" if
he wanted to. Personally I think it was a lie out & out. I don't think
he even owns E-Tecs I think he posted the Ficht on the little Ranger,
which in the context was a real try at deception, not that he can rival
you of course:-) Take his claim in concert with the 34% less than last
year claim & the 7000lbs more but "SAME" gph ?? No no runaway william
he's trying to get brownie points with the local charter operator who
does own the E-Tecs. He didn't take to opportunity to correct so...........

After some of the personal abuse I've copped from you over the years I'm
not much fussed by you now claiming Marquis of Queensbury rules.

Like you he felt he'd got away with another E-Tec deception. It's called
natural justice Runaway, he was given plenty of notice & opportunity to
set his claim right & chose not to, sobeit.

Well gee runaway you come along with even more bogus figures that more
than double his fuel usage claim then say all is now well??? No all is
not well, it was deceptive BS & just like you he needs to be called on it.

By the way have you noticed how gutless the E-Tec 250 is even when it's
still running??? that B&WE independent test torque number is of real
concern. Hows this sound to help you sell more?? you refund peoples'
money back down to the HP you actually give them??? I know as a matter
of law you don't need to, but hey you're the marketer.

Tech. Info. Anchoring-Sails-Soundproofing-Weather-Paint charts Mic Cruising 0 December 8th 05 01:50 AM
Performance Defined Capt. Rob ASA 35 November 17th 05 04:42 PM
Performance defiled Capt. Neal® ASA 3 November 14th 05 06:34 PM
PDQ Performance? Capt. Rob ASA 0 November 12th 05 11:50 AM
Performance coach and performance enhancing drugs... Allan Bennett UK Paddle 6 October 15th 05 08:25 PM