Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
RCE

Default Ping: JimH ....Moorings

Read your comment "over there" and thought you and others might be
interested in another opinion.
Here's my response:

" JimH" jimh_osudad@yahooDOT comREMOVETHIS wrote in message

Beautiful picture....but what a PITA being on a mooring buoy all season
long must be.

Actually, moorings are more sought after than slips around here. I often
rent a mooring for a few days during the summer just for a break from the
slip. We load the boat up with food, supplies and enjoy the serenity and
privacy of staying on the mooring while watching the boats entering and
leaving the harbor. The water taxi is available whenever you need to go
ashore or for guests to come aboard.

One of my favorite spots during the summer is Plymouth Harbor. I grab a
mooring there for a few days and enjoy all the sights of the summer tourists
enjoying the activities. You can run the generator without bothering
anybody to charge up the batteries, cook or make coffee. Sometimes we meet
friends there and raft up for a couple of days.

Slips, although hard to come by in New England, can be found. Moorings on
the other hand typically have a 6 to 10 year waiting list at most harbors.

RCE

Ping: JimH [email protected] General 5 February 2nd 06 05:20 PM
Ping..........ping.................ping........... *JimH* General 0 October 30th 05 09:33 PM
Ping Doug! Capt. Rob ASA 0 October 26th 05 08:44 PM