Calif Bill

Default Yup, sailboats have the right of way.

http://www.wimp.com/cutting/

John Gaquin

"Mys Terry" wrote in message .

That was a power boat, not a sailboat.

Keyword: was. Now its trash.

I've seen a number of clips like this surface on the web over the years. It
never ceases to amaze me just how stupid people can be.

John Gaquin

"Calif Bill" wrote in message news:xgVIf.12301.

Y'know, I just watched that again, and after that a few more times. Was
that intentional? Watch: At about 5 seconds, the helm goes over and you
can see the direction start to change. Within 1 second, the former helmsman
is standing and moving toward the rail. Less than 2 seconds later, he is
jumping off the boat, just as the aft end of the boat is lost to camera
view. The other people on the boat are just barely reacting.

Anyone else notice that? Comments?

Don White

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:
On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 09:27:42 -0500, "John Gaquin"
wrote:

"Calif Bill" wrote in message news:xgVIf.12301.

Y'know, I just watched that again, and after that a few more times. Was
that intentional? Watch: At about 5 seconds, the helm goes over and you
can see the direction start to change. Within 1 second, the former helmsman
is standing and moving toward the rail. Less than 2 seconds later, he is
jumping off the boat, just as the aft end of the boat is lost to camera
view. The other people on the boat are just barely reacting.

Anyone else notice that? Comments?

Just a general comment about "sailors" in general.

Over in Narragansett Bay, laundry liners are notorious for just
tacking right in front of on coming power boats. To add additional
fun to the mix, if you are drifting or trolling and they are coming
close to you, they will run right over your lines or come so close
that you have to start and move - they seem to believe that they are
impervious to any type of courtesy if they are under sail.

I had one Hunter 40 something come so close to me while I was anchored
that I could have spit on the helmsman as he went by. And he flipped
me off yelling "right of way, right of way".

Jerks. I'm glad I don't own a sailboat.

Oh wait, I do.

Never mind. :)

You're one of us now...buddy!
Calif Bill

"Mys Terry" wrote in message
On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 06:50:05 GMT, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

http://www.wimp.com/cutting/

That was a power boat, not a sailboat.

Mys Terry

Not according to some here.

Calif Bill

wrote:

[...]

I would have called the CG with his numbers and explained his actions while
you were anchored.

Will pirates attack more sailboats to take hostages ? [email protected] Cruising 25 February 5th 06 03:11 AM
Cult Sailboats Bob Crantz ASA 54 February 3rd 06 06:41 PM
Cult Sailboats Thom Stewart ASA 0 February 1st 06 09:13 PM
Stolen Sailboats in the USA Capt. Rob ASA 4 January 30th 06 11:43 PM
bristol sailboats mike ASA 6 November 16th 05 04:28 AM