Calif Bill

Default IN NATIONAL INTEREST

On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 22:01:39, "Johann Pistorius"
wrote:

Help to save the smokers killing themselves.

Bleep you - go save a baby seal.

You owe it to all those close to you to send this message to everybody
in your email address book. Somebody will know someone that is trying
to smoke less or stop smoking.

Blanky bleep blank you dip wad.

NEW INVENTION! Stop smoking! This one is the cheapest, and really
works! We guarantee your money back!
Go to www.smoke-breaker.com

No.

Help us to help the smokers to stop completely!

Screw you you blanking bleeping blanker.

No more air pollution in restaurants, on the street where you walk,
smokers are always everywhere.

Bleeping blanky blank right and if I ever find you, I'll tie you down,
stick you in a room with 50 smokers and make you suffer you
whiney bleeping blankety blank dork.

And I hope you use Altria supplied tobacco products.

Calif Bill

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 07:45:19 GMT, "Calif Bill"

. ..
wrote:

[...]

Actually no. It was more of a protest thing.

I honestly don't care if anybody smokes - doesn't matter to me.

Drinking alcohol - well, that's a whole different story. :)

I do not think people should smoke. Nasty, ill habit. But that does not
stop me from investing in a stock. I look after the bottom line, not just
"Social Investing". As to Alcohol, dad was an alcoholic by the time he
died. Cancer, not alcohol got him. As long as it is used in moderation,
and does not hurt the family ignore it. Same should be done for most drugs.

Calif Bill

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
. ..
Calif Bill wrote:

I do not think people should smoke. Nasty, ill habit. But that does not
stop me from investing in a stock. I look after the bottom line, not
just "Social Investing".

Your support of any activity that helps tobacco companies impacts your
bottom line in a negative way, even if you think your investments in those
companies somehow serve you well.

It is a legal enterprise. Freedom of choice and the dividend is very good.

Calif Bill wrote:

I do not think people should smoke. Nasty, ill habit. But that does
not stop me from investing in a stock. I look after the bottom line,
not just "Social Investing".

Your support of any activity that helps tobacco companies impacts your
bottom line in a negative way, even if you think your investments in
those companies somehow serve you well.

It is a legal enterprise. Freedom of choice and the dividend is very
good.

Yes, well, you apparently don't get it, and I'm not referring to "social
investing." Your support of cigarette companies helps maintain a FINANCIAL
burden against all of society, public and private, one that costs ALL
Americans, directly and indirectly tens of billions of dollars each year
in medical insurance premiums, uninsured costs that must be recovered
somehow, lost work and productivity because of illness, and so forth and
so on, ad infinitum.

The taxes on tobacco take in a lot more than is ever spent on health care
for the smokers. Tobacco as well as other "Sin taxes" have become a cash
cow for governments.

Calif Bill wrote:

[...]

Good lord. I joke from time to time about the rationalizations of the
righties, and here you are, providing an example.

You are still a stupid, pompous idiot. Mother government knows best.
Describes you and the crud that have taken over the Democratic party.

Black Dog

Calif Bill wrote:

[...]

Good lord, Harry. I know it doesn't work that way down there, but do
you really think we could afford our health care system up here in
Canada without tobacco money?

True, with privatized medicine, you 'merikens are getting ripped off,
big time. At least when I plunk down $10 for a pack of smokes I know
I'm helping pay for that Cancer Treatment Centre on the other side of town.

Stella
Don White

Calif Bill wrote:

[...]

One idea might be for the US govt to double taxes on alcohol, tobacco,
firearms/ammunition and gasoline.
The windfall might go a long way to balancing the books. It's
irresponsible to keep spending more than you bring in year after year.
JohnH

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 15:58:01 -0500, Black Dog wrote:

Calif Bill wrote:

[...]

We need to break you of that habit. This past Christmas was my fourth year
of not smoking. In fact, here are my stats:

This is to CERTIFY that:

JOHN L. HERRING

Has neither smoked nor puffed a single cigarette for: Four years, one
month, two weeks, six days, 16 hours, 19 minutes and 21 seconds. This means
he has not lit 75633 cigarettes, and has saved $11,345.10. The additional
time he has to spend his daughters' inheritance is about: 37 weeks, 3 days,
14 hours, and 45 minutes.

Don't you love it?
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****
JohnH

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 21:12:34 GMT, Don White wrote:

Calif Bill wrote:

[...]

That's already been done about four times for cigarettes.
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****
JimH

wrote:

Calif Bill wrote:

[...]

John, take it to your private political forum please.