posted to alt.sailing
Bob

Default New Found Metals: Don't Disagree or they will sue you

Hi:

Ever wondered how NFM tests their ports to determine if they are stout
enough for off shore service?

Now I know first hand the secret to their rigorous testing process. For
the past five months I have worked to remedy a problem with the two
7x15 ports I ordered from NFM. Below is an email sent from NFM when I
explained that my ports did not seal in the corners. You can make you
own decision if NFM testing is good enough for sea service. Or if best
left at the dock....Chris (AKA Bob)

"Dear Chris,
I received the return [ports from customer]... I set both ports up
without adjusting the dogs down and filled up the ports with 90oz. of
water and watched for leaks. After about 30 minutes I noticed one
corner seep out a couple drops so I dumped out the water and readjusted
the ports to have a tighter seal. Then I refilled the port with 90oz.
of water and no leaks after three hours of low pressure testing. The
second port developed a leak as well so I adjusted the port and
refilled with water and again no leaks. As I said before I did not
touch the adjustments before this experiment and when I noticed a leak
that is when I readjusted and that solved the problem.

Low pressure seal is very important and these ports do seal fine. The
ports do seal without applying any additional silicon sealant.

Best regards,
Carli
New Found Metals, Inc.
240 Airport Road
Port Townsend, WA
Tel: 360-385-3315
Fax: 360-385-6097
Email:
Website: www.newfoundmetals.com

I need to be very careful with my words here. If NFM does not my like
my comments they will sue me. But do not take my word for it. Below is
anothe emil I recieved from NFM.

"...We do not appreciate the threatening language of your emails. We
will not tolerate slanderous publications and, if necessary, will
pursue legal action if slander is found.
Regards,
Carli
New Found Metals, Inc"

So what do you think?
Chris

New Found Metals will sue me if I tell my Bob Boat Building 15 March 18th 06 06:44 PM
New Found Metals: How NFM tests their ports Bob Cruising 4 February 13th 06 03:52 PM
After all these years, I finally found a boat for Dave! [email protected] General 58 January 23rd 06 10:32 PM
Sailor Found Dead Capt. Rob ASA 0 December 6th 05 11:33 AM
Found my next boat... DSK ASA 16 November 16th 05 11:56 AM