JohnH

Default You think your inlet is bad?

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 06:10:02 GMT, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

"JohnH" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 09 Feb 2006 21:13:42 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

On Thu, 09 Feb 2006 06:35:22 GMT, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

Only for high speed internet. 5 minutes probably on DSL. Depot Bay,
Oregon
during a storm.
http://www.justkeepfishing.com/Depoestrom.html

i cant stop watching that - its amazing.

espiecally that coastie running around in the background in that
double ender.

damn thats fun to watch.

Here's another fun one:

http://media.putfile.com/sea95

I couldn't get the first one to work. That one was spectacular. Thanks!
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****

The first one will take at least 5 minutes to download even with DSL.

For me, the site opens, the windows media screen appears, and
'transferring data...' shows up in the status bar on the bottom. After a
few minutes, the word 'Done' appears, but nothing happens. Could it be
Mozilla?
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****
Doug Kanter

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
ink.net...
Only for high speed internet. 5 minutes probably on DSL. Depot Bay,
Oregon during a storm.
http://www.justkeepfishing.com/Depoestrom.html

My son watched the video and asked, "What's the big deal?" This is why 16
year old kids shouldn't be allowed to drive boats.

Skipper

Doug Kanter wrote:

http://www.justkeepfishing.com/Depoestrom.html

My son watched the video and asked, "What's the big deal?" This is why 16
year old kids shouldn't be allowed to drive boats.

More likely symptomatic of heredity than age in your son's case, Doug.

--
Skipper
Doug Kanter

"Skipper" wrote in message
Doug Kanter wrote:

http://www.justkeepfishing.com/Depoestrom.html

My son watched the video and asked, "What's the big deal?" This is why 16
year old kids shouldn't be allowed to drive boats.

More likely symptomatic of heredity than age in your son's case, Doug.

Stop using words you don't understand. Like "in", "more", and "of".

Skipper

Doug Kanter wrote:

"Skipper" wrote...

http://www.justkeepfishing.com/Depoestrom.html

My son watched the video and asked, "What's the big deal?" This is why 16
year old kids shouldn't be allowed to drive boats.

More likely symptomatic of heredity than age in your son's case, Doug.

Stop using words you don't understand. Like "in", "more", and "of".

It's ever so easy getting Dems flummoxed.

--
Skipper

Doug Kanter

"Skipper" wrote in message
Doug Kanter wrote:

"Skipper" wrote...

http://www.justkeepfishing.com/Depoestrom.html

My son watched the video and asked, "What's the big deal?" This is why
16
year old kids shouldn't be allowed to drive boats.

More likely symptomatic of heredity than age in your son's case, Doug.

Stop using words you don't understand. Like "in", "more", and "of".

It's ever so easy getting Dems flummoxed.

Ahem. This from the child who thinks he has a .357 with a "safety".

Skipper wrote:
Calif Bill wrote:

Only for high speed internet. 5 minutes probably on DSL. Depot Bay, Oregon
during a storm.

http://www.justkeepfishing.com/Depoestrom.html

That illustrates rather nicely why West Coast designed boats are far
more seaworthy than those the East Coast wussies use on their local
waters. Takes a real man to navigate the West Coast.

Skipper

Those that routinmly fish the 4 east coast inlets with USCG Surf
Stations are still wondering why this was a problem. It wasn't even
breaking surf!

NOYB

"Sir Spamalot" wrote in message
Looks like a sunny Sunday afternoon at the mouth of the Manasquan.

I used to go through that inlet in a 13' Whaler. Manasquan wasn't so bad.
Barnegat was much worse.

UglyDan®©™

(NOYB)wrote
I used to go through that inlet in a 13' Whaler. Manasquan wasn't so
bad. Barnegat was much worse.

Sure you can run a 13' whaler or whatever in/out of Manasquan, but that
doesn't mean it isn't a nasty inlet at times. Back in Dec '84, I watched
a 90' offshore Scalloper try to run that same inlet in a nor'easter and
broach, The idiot killed 4 of his crew.
I also remember the coxwain (friend of mine) of the CG 41300 UTB that
had a really lousy nite back in July '79, One second he was in the
trough and the next he was sitting on top of the jetty, Other than the
shafts, struts, wheels, and a bruised ego,.. no harm no foul. Had to use
a barge and crane on one of those "Whaler Days" to get her off. UD

NOYB

""UglyDan®©T"" wrote in message
(NOYB)wrote
I used to go through that inlet in a 13' Whaler. Manasquan wasn't so
bad. Barnegat was much worse.

Sure you can run a 13' whaler or whatever in/out of Manasquan, but that
doesn't mean it isn't a nasty inlet at times. Back in Dec '84, I watched
a 90' offshore Scalloper try to run that same inlet in a nor'easter and
broach, The idiot killed 4 of his crew.

Any inlet can be bad on an outgoing tide when the wind is blowing onshore.