BoatBanter.com

-   -   You think your inlet is bad? (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/66337-you-think-your-inlet-bad.html)

Calif Bill February 9th 06 06:35 AM

You think your inlet is bad?

Only for high speed internet. 5 minutes probably on DSL. Depot Bay, Oregon
during a storm.
http://www.justkeepfishing.com/Depoestrom.html

Skipper February 9th 06 07:13 AM

You think your inlet is bad?

Calif Bill wrote:

Only for high speed internet. 5 minutes probably on DSL. Depot Bay, Oregon
during a storm.

http://www.justkeepfishing.com/Depoestrom.html

That illustrates rather nicely why West Coast designed boats are far
more seaworthy than those the East Coast wussies use on their local
waters. Takes a real man to navigate the West Coast.

Yup, that ol' well designed 2252 handled such inlets with ease. But
then, of coarse, it was designed for and on those waters. I know
Bayliners are very popular as fishing platforms by the guides in Alaska
and was a bit disappointed we didn't see a few of them running that
inlet. Perhaps their runs were not just dramatic enough. Oh well, at
least them eastern dudes can don their commodore caps and navigate the
mighty waters the Chesapeake and Floriduh...on weekends.

--
Skipper

Skipper February 9th 06 12:32 PM

You think your inlet is bad?

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:

Skipper wrote:

That illustrates rather nicely why West Coast designed boats are far
more seaworthy than those the East Coast wussies use on their local
waters. Takes a real man to navigate the West Coast.

takes a pansy is more like it.

Run that by the Alaskan crabbers and see how it flies, Sporty.

--
Skipper

Reggie Smithers February 9th 06 12:42 PM

You think your inlet is bad?

Shortwave Sportfishing wrote:
On Thu, 09 Feb 2006 06:35:22 GMT, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

Only for high speed internet. 5 minutes probably on DSL. Depot Bay, Oregon
during a storm.
http://www.justkeepfishing.com/Depoestrom.html

i cant stop watching that - its amazing.

espiecally that coastie running around in the background in that
double ender.

damn thats fun to watch.

Did you notice that it looked like some of the boats were heading out to
sea, and the coastie turned them around? One boat "surfed" into the bay
on a wave. It looked like he was out of control, and God was the only
thing between him and Davey Jones Locker.

--
Reggie
That's my story and I am sticking to it.

[email protected] February 9th 06 12:45 PM

You think your inlet is bad?

Skipper wrote:
Calif Bill wrote:

[...]

How about those treacherous Kansas ditches?

Wayne.B February 9th 06 12:57 PM

You think your inlet is bad?

On Thu, 09 Feb 2006 01:13:31 -0600, Snipper wrote:

Takes a real Mann to navigate the West Coast.

So what are the plans for your next big adventure on I-35 ?

Reggie Smithers February 9th 06 01:18 PM

You think your inlet is bad?

Skipper wrote:
That illustrates rather nicely why West Coast designed boats are far
more seaworthy than those the East Coast wussies use on their local
waters. Takes a real man to navigate the West Coast.
takes a pansy is more like it.
Run that by the Alaskan crabbers and see how it flies, Sporty.

speaking as some one who actually lives on a coast line, unlike
certain others, im more than familiar with what it takes to run an
inlet like that.

Snipper's never run an inlet anything like that, and neither has anyone
else in a 22' Bayliner.

Bayliners are a great boat for the proper conditions. I would not
recommend any of the "family boats" for conditions like that.

Skipper February 9th 06 01:25 PM

You think your inlet is bad?

Reggie Smithers wrote:

Bayliners are a great boat for the proper conditions. I would not
recommend any of the "family boats" for conditions like that.

Do you have *any* experience operating a 2252 Bayliner? Neither does
Krause.

--
Skipper

Reggie Smithers February 9th 06 01:30 PM

You think your inlet is bad?

Skipper wrote:
Reggie Smithers wrote:

Bayliners are a great boat for the proper conditions. I would not
recommend any of the "family boats" for conditions like that.

Do you have *any* experience operating a 2252 Bayliner? Neither does
Krause.

--
Skipper

Skipper,
No I do not. I did not say that it could not be done. I said I would
not recommend any of the boats designed for family recreational boating
for this kind of inlet. I did not limit my comment to Bayliner or any
specific brand of boat.

Wayne.B February 9th 06 02:27 PM

You think your inlet is bad?

On Thu, 09 Feb 2006 12:47:44 GMT, Shortwave Sportfishing
wrote:

notice that one that almost rolled? he stayed put for a minute
waiting to catch the wave cycle in a more calm state.

either that or he had to restart his motor.

Or change his underwear.