UglyDan®©™

Default You think your inlet is bad?

(NOYB)wrote
I used to go through that inlet in a 13' Whaler. Manasquan wasn't so
bad. Barnegat was much worse.

Sure you can run a 13' whaler or whatever in/out of Manasquan, but that
doesn't mean it isn't a nasty inlet at times. Back in Dec '84, I watched
a 90' offshore Scalloper try to run that same inlet in a nor'easter and
broach, The idiot killed 4 of his crew.
I also remember the coxwain (friend of mine) of the CG 41300 UTB that
had a really lousy nite back in July '79, One second he was in the
trough and the next he was sitting on top of the jetty, Other than the
shafts, struts, wheels, and a bruised ego,.. no harm no foul. Had to use
a barge and crane on one of those "Whaler Days" to get her off. UD