Netsock

Default HDTV set up

On Thu, 09 Feb 2006 04:24:39 GMT, Don White
wrote:

Caught the program 'R Steves Europe travels' on PBS HD
http://www.ricksteves.com/tvr/parisrse306_descr.htm
Scenery was breathtaking...really felt like you were there.
That's what I was hoping for in my new TV

The new set is going to turn me into a couch potato!

I can sit and watch Discovery HD Theater for hours on end...
__

"It's just about going fast...that's all..."

http://home.columbus.rr.com/ckg/
RCE

"Netsock" wrote in message

HDMI cables offer no increased video clarity or benefits up to 1080i
verses component cables...even from a progressive scan source (DVD
player).

However, a HDMI cable also provides a coaxial, digital audio connection as
well has the HD video, simplifing some installations.

RCE

Skipper

Default World Class Diddling

JohnH wrote:

JimH wrote:

I have been telling you this all along.

I should have followed your example of good behavior long ago!

When you, your correspondent and Smithers make it to the wizard, please
advise. Perhaps we will then see something worth reading.

I know JimH is questing for a brain, what is your motivation?

--
Skipper
Skipper

Default The Ruin of Rec.Boats

Harry Krause wrote:

Fred Dehl wrote:

Netsock wrote:

HDMI cables offer no increased video clarity or benefits up to 1080i
verses component cables...even from a progressive scan source (DVD
player).

HDMI is a digital signal, comp is analog, so the signal paths are totally
different and therefore the resultant quality seen by the viewer is open
to many variations.

Isn't usenet wonderful? I mean, where else could two perfect assho*es
like you and Netsock find each other?

Enjoy!

There was a time one could ask a question of this NG regarding their
boat's plumbing system or value. It was very likely to inspire lively
discussions and various opinions and advice. You could be certain
several of the boating industry's recognized experts would participate.
Harry Krause and a phew phellow phools decided they'd rather destroy the
NG rather than let this good exchange of information continue.

They continually called one wise sage "the Princess of Poop" while
trying to humiliate her every contribution. Another respected industry
expert who regularly spoke at boat shows on boat value was continually
informed his pricing methodology was bogus. They no longer post here.
Instead, this NG is now populated by a bunch of know nothin' mindless
gimps with no intention of allowing the NG to return to a productive
Usenet forum. The bloom is now off the rose. That's just the way it is.

Thanks, Harry.

--
Skipper
Netsock

On Thu, 09 Feb 2006 22:57:36 GMT, Fred Dehl
wrote:

Netsock wrote in
:

HDMI cables offer no increased video clarity or benefits up to 1080i
verses component cables...even from a progressive scan source (DVD
player).

HDMI is a digital signal, comp is analog, so the signal paths are totally
different and therefore the resultant quality seen by the viewer is open
to many variations.

Agreed. I can tell the difference between a Phillips DVD player, and a
Denon, just by looking at the output. My point was, you can get
something more (than 1080i) if the monitor doesn't support it...no
matter what cable you use.
__

"It's just about going fast...that's all..."

http://home.columbus.rr.com/ckg/

Netsock

On Thu, 09 Feb 2006 18:49:47 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

Isn't usenet wonderful?

I don't know...I don't spend 18 hours a day here.

I mean, where else could two perfect assho*es
like you and Netsock find each other?

And how lovely it is to watch a grown man squirm and twist on a daily
basis, to cover his lies?

Enjoy!

I am.
__

Ping: Don White and RCE JimH General 19 February 5th 06 11:14 PM
Yikes! Consumer Electronic Rip... Doug Kanter General 55 January 9th 06 09:36 PM