Dan J.S.

Default Death by Danish...

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
...is ok, I suppose, if it is a fresh cheese Danish from New York City,
although I'd prefer a Napoleon or an eclair.

Mark Steyn wrote this today:

Denmark! Even if you were overcome with a sudden urge to burn the Danish
flag, where do you get one in a hurry in Gaza? Well, OK, that's easy: the
nearest European Union Humanitarian Aid and Intifada-Funding Branch Office.
But where do you get one in an obscure town on the Punjabi plain on a
Thursday afternoon? If I had a sudden yen to burn the Yemeni or Sudanese
flag on my village green, I haven't a clue how I'd get hold of one in this
part of New Hampshire. Say what you like about the Islamic world, but they
show tremendous initiative and energy and inventiveness, at least when it
comes to threatening death to the infidels every 48 hours for one perceived
offense or another. If only it could be channeled into, say, a small
software company, what an economy they'd have.

Meanwhile, back in Copenhagen, the Danes are a little bewildered to find
that this time it's plucky little Denmark who's caught the eye of the
nutters. Last year, a newspaper called Jyllands-Posten published several
cartoons of the Prophet Muhammed, whose physical representation in art is
forbidden by Islam. The cartoons aren't particularly good and they were
intended to be provocative. But they had a serious point. Before coming to
that, we should note that in the Western world "artists" "provoke" with the
same numbing regularity as young Muslim men light up other countries' flags.
When Tony-winning author Terence McNally writes a Broadway play in which
Jesus has gay sex with Judas, the New York Times and Co. rush to garland him
with praise for how "brave" and "challenging" he is. The rule for "brave"
"transgressive" "artists" is a simple one: If you're going to be
provocative, it's best to do it with people who can't be provoked.

Thus, NBC is celebrating Easter this year with a special edition of the gay
sitcom "Will & Grace," in which a Christian conservative cooking-show host,
played by the popular singing slattern Britney Spears, offers seasonal
recipes -- "Cruci-fixin's." On the other hand, the same network, in its
coverage of the global riots over the Danish cartoons, has declined to show
any of the offending artwork out of "respect" for the Muslim faith.

Which means out of respect for their ability to locate the executive vice
president's home in the suburbs and firebomb his garage

Don White

Mark Steyn wrote this today:

[...]

Those Danes really like grabbing the tiger by the tail.
Couple of years ago they tried to sneak off with one of Canada's high
Arctic islands. Now they want to tangle with the zealots.
What's gotten into them?
http://tinyurl.com/3gdgh

Support the Danish! Dan J.S. General 86 February 13th 06 02:46 PM
Death by Danish... Don White General 0 February 8th 06 02:54 PM
Death by Danish... [email protected] General 0 February 8th 06 01:10 PM
Death by Eskimo Roll? Andy Baxter General 69 January 23rd 06 01:59 PM
Question of concern a troll or a Death Wish Joe ASA 14 December 19th 05 02:42 AM