Dan J.S.

Default Death by Danish...

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
...is ok, I suppose, if it is a fresh cheese Danish from New York City,
although I'd prefer a Napoleon or an eclair.

Mark Steyn wrote this today:

Denmark! Even if you were overcome with a sudden urge to burn the Danish
flag, where do you get one in a hurry in Gaza? Well, OK, that's easy: the
nearest European Union Humanitarian Aid and Intifada-Funding Branch Office.
But where do you get one in an obscure town on the Punjabi plain on a
Thursday afternoon? If I had a sudden yen to burn the Yemeni or Sudanese
flag on my village green, I haven't a clue how I'd get hold of one in this
part of New Hampshire. Say what you like about the Islamic world, but they
show tremendous initiative and energy and inventiveness, at least when it
comes to threatening death to the infidels every 48 hours for one perceived
offense or another. If only it could be channeled into, say, a small
software company, what an economy they'd have.

Meanwhile, back in Copenhagen, the Danes are a little bewildered to find
that this time it's plucky little Denmark who's caught the eye of the
nutters. Last year, a newspaper called Jyllands-Posten published several
cartoons of the Prophet Muhammed, whose physical representation in art is
forbidden by Islam. The cartoons aren't particularly good and they were
intended to be provocative. But they had a serious point. Before coming to
that, we should note that in the Western world "artists" "provoke" with the
same numbing regularity as young Muslim men light up other countries' flags.
When Tony-winning author Terence McNally writes a Broadway play in which
Jesus has gay sex with Judas, the New York Times and Co. rush to garland him
with praise for how "brave" and "challenging" he is. The rule for "brave"
"transgressive" "artists" is a simple one: If you're going to be
provocative, it's best to do it with people who can't be provoked.

Thus, NBC is celebrating Easter this year with a special edition of the gay
sitcom "Will & Grace," in which a Christian conservative cooking-show host,
played by the popular singing slattern Britney Spears, offers seasonal
recipes -- "Cruci-fixin's." On the other hand, the same network, in its
coverage of the global riots over the Danish cartoons, has declined to show
any of the offending artwork out of "respect" for the Muslim faith.

Which means out of respect for their ability to locate the executive vice
president's home in the suburbs and firebomb his garage

Don White

Mark Steyn wrote this today:

[...]

Those Danes really like grabbing the tiger by the tail.
Couple of years ago they tried to sneak off with one of Canada's high
Arctic islands. Now they want to tangle with the zealots.
What's gotten into them?
http://tinyurl.com/3gdgh
JohnH

Mark Steyn wrote this today:

[...]

While I don't support our current war against Iraq, I do believe it to
be in the best interests of the United States and the rest of the
western world to slam the doors shut on immigrants from Muslim countries
who want to come here for any reason. Further, I would deport any Muslim
non-citizens who protest in non-peaceable fashion. And that's what the
Danes should do...round them up and send them back to their countries of
origin.

And it would also help if the United States defended its borders against
illegal immigrants.

We're already on the way to becoming a "third world" nation. We don't
have to have national policies that precipitate the slide.

Harry, you're becoming more agreeable on a daily basis.
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****
thunder

On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 13:53:53 -0500, Harry Krause wrote:

While I don't support our current war against Iraq, I do believe it to be
in the best interests of the United States and the rest of the western
world to slam the doors shut on immigrants from Muslim countries who want
to come here for any reason. Further, I would deport any Muslim
non-citizens who protest in non-peaceable fashion. And that's what the
Danes should do...round them up and send them back to their countries of
origin.

I'm not sure that is possible. Some demographic forecasts have the EU
with a Muslim *majority* this century. Falling First World birthrates and
Muslim immigration for cheap labor may make this inevitable. France
already has a Muslim population estimated at 10%. The numbers are large
enough, already, an estimated 15 million, that "rounding them up" would
prove catastrophic to Europe's economies.
Doug Kanter

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
. ..
thunder wrote:
[...]

Well, we're going to have to decide whether we want western civilization
to progress or to devolve into violent, simple-minded Muslim
fundamentalism and the catastrophe that entails.

On the other hand, perhaps it might be fun to watch them butt heads with the
Robertson brigade, and some of those neo-Nazi whackos from out West.

Doug Kanter

thunder wrote:
[...]

They'd get along fine with the neo-Nazis...they hate Jews, too.

I see a reality show in the future. Let's come up with a name.

Bryan

"thunder" wrote in message
[...]

OK, apparently it's time for a birthrate jihad. Calling all good sensible
Christians to set aside family planning and breed like the pope is coming to
dinner. We need to stop this silly nuclear family nonsense and start
filling our homes and streets with as many offspring as our dear wives can
possibly squeeze out in their liftetime. It'll be the new Christian Pop 'til
you drop breeding program. Any woman who hasn't given birth to her first
child by the age of 20 is unpatriotic. Otherwise we'll be losing this war
to muslims through their breeding advantage alone!

I'm sure that I mean the above as humor, but my gut is sure starting to
respond more and more to this muslim and immigration crap. I guess the only
personal question is when do I start losing the ability to reason and begin
responding to my gut instead of my intellect. Bottom line, I think it's
time for all those "good muslims" I keep hearing about to stand up and shut
down their army of fanatics.

JohnH

On Thu, 09 Feb 2006 15:23:50 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

Bryan wrote:
"thunder" wrote in message
[...]

In immigration, it's not just a "muslim and immigration crap." We
have a horrific list of immigration problems in this country, not the
least of which being a POTUS who not only doesn't believe there are any
real problems, but that virtually uncontrolled illegal and legal
immigration is "good."

Who is it "good" for? Just one group: employers looking to lower their
costs of labor. Immigrants are easy to exploit.

There are many, many reasons to tightly control immigration into this
country and to protect our borders. All of them are being ignored.

answered in a.politics
Calif Bill

Bryan wrote:
"thunder" wrote in message
[...]

Same as last couple of POTUS.

Doug Kanter

Bryan wrote:
"thunder" wrote in message
[...]

George says he a great supporter of Hispanicals and Hispaniclettes. I can't
imagine him doing anything that's not in their best interests.

Support the Danish! Dan J.S. General 86 February 13th 06 02:46 PM
Death by Danish... Don White General 0 February 8th 06 02:54 PM
Death by Danish... [email protected] General 0 February 8th 06 01:10 PM
Death by Eskimo Roll? Andy Baxter General 69 January 23rd 06 01:59 PM
Question of concern a troll or a Death Wish Joe ASA 14 December 19th 05 02:42 AM