Default A fishing employee

I have an employee who is an avid fisherman and also knows many people
at the coast here in NW. FL. He says he likes to fish but does not
like to cook and eat fish so he has started to bring me fish every
Monday. So far it has been grouper one week, redfish another, then sea
trout, more grouper and now stone crab claws. I am now feeling very
weird about this. My wife and kids are actually getting tired of fish
and I am thinking there is more to this situation than it looked
initially. We area very small company (6 employees) and somewhat
unstable and he is the most recent hire. How does this look to Y'all?

Doug Kanter

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have an employee who is an avid fisherman and also knows many people
at the coast here in NW. FL. He says he likes to fish but does not
like to cook and eat fish so he has started to bring me fish every
Monday. So far it has been grouper one week, redfish another, then sea
trout, more grouper and now stone crab claws. I am now feeling very
weird about this. My wife and kids are actually getting tired of fish
and I am thinking there is more to this situation than it looked
initially. We area very small company (6 employees) and somewhat
unstable and he is the most recent hire. How does this look to Y'all?

I'd say he sounds like a generous guy. But, if it feels awkward (maybe
because you're the boss?), how about suggesting that he give some to other
people as well? Otherwise, learn to freeze fish.

How can anyone get tired of fresh fish????

Reggie Smithers

Doug Kanter wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...
I have an employee who is an avid fisherman and also knows many people
at the coast here in NW. FL. He says he likes to fish but does not
like to cook and eat fish so he has started to bring me fish every
Monday. So far it has been grouper one week, redfish another, then sea
trout, more grouper and now stone crab claws. I am now feeling very
weird about this. My wife and kids are actually getting tired of fish
and I am thinking there is more to this situation than it looked
initially. We area very small company (6 employees) and somewhat
unstable and he is the most recent hire. How does this look to Y'all?

I'd say he sounds like a generous guy. But, if it feels awkward (maybe
because you're the boss?), how about suggesting that he give some to other
people as well? Otherwise, learn to freeze fish.

How can anyone get tired of fresh fish????

He needs to learn some new recipes so he can vary the menu.

--
Reggie
That's my story and I am sticking to it.

JohnH

On 6 Feb 2006 08:17:43 -0800, "
wrote:

I have an employee who is an avid fisherman and also knows many people
at the coast here in NW. FL. He says he likes to fish but does not
like to cook and eat fish so he has started to bring me fish every
Monday. So far it has been grouper one week, redfish another, then sea
trout, more grouper and now stone crab claws. I am now feeling very
weird about this. My wife and kids are actually getting tired of fish
and I am thinking there is more to this situation than it looked
initially. We area very small company (6 employees) and somewhat
unstable and he is the most recent hire. How does this look to Y'all?

Smoke it and send some up this way!
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****
Dan J.S.

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have an employee who is an avid fisherman and also knows many people
at the coast here in NW. FL. He says he likes to fish but does not
like to cook and eat fish so he has started to bring me fish every
Monday. So far it has been grouper one week, redfish another, then sea
trout, more grouper and now stone crab claws. I am now feeling very
weird about this. My wife and kids are actually getting tired of fish
and I am thinking there is more to this situation than it looked
initially. We area very small company (6 employees) and somewhat
unstable and he is the most recent hire. How does this look to Y'all?

Put the fish he gives you on ebay, with the money you make off of the fish,
buy meat and chicken.

--glad i could help!

Wayne.B

On 6 Feb 2006 08:17:43 -0800, "
wrote:
I have an employee who is an avid fisherman and also knows many people
at the coast here in NW. FL. He says he likes to fish but does not
like to cook and eat fish so he has started to bring me fish every
Monday. So far it has been grouper one week, redfish another, then sea
trout, more grouper and now stone crab claws. I am now feeling very
weird about this. My wife and kids are actually getting tired of fish
and I am thinking there is more to this situation than it looked
initially. We area very small company (6 employees) and somewhat
unstable and he is the most recent hire. How does this look to Y'all?

The way I see it, it is kind of like politics: How will others see
it?

Ideally the quality of his work should not play into your decision
process, but in the real world of managing a small company, it does
and will. If you really like the guy then you have to be careful of
not bruising his feelings of course. If his work is marginal and you
may have to let him go, then be really careful.

One way to deal with it is to implement a gift "policy". These are
normally limited to something like $25 a year. So once he's given you
fish a couple of times you are "over the limit" and can no longer
accept. Blame it on your lawyers. :-)

bb

On 6 Feb 2006 08:17:43 -0800, "
wrote:

I have an employee who is an avid fisherman and also knows many people
at the coast here in NW. FL. He says he likes to fish but does not
like to cook and eat fish so he has started to bring me fish every
Monday. So far it has been grouper one week, redfish another, then sea
trout, more grouper and now stone crab claws. I am now feeling very
weird about this. My wife and kids are actually getting tired of fish
and I am thinking there is more to this situation than it looked
initially. We area very small company (6 employees) and somewhat
unstable and he is the most recent hire. How does this look to Y'all?

I've attached an application. Please forward it to him.

bb
Tom

On 6 Feb 2006 08:17:43 -0800, "
wrote:

I have an employee who is an avid fisherman and also knows many people
at the coast here in NW. FL. He says he likes to fish but does not
like to cook and eat fish so he has started to bring me fish every
Monday. So far it has been grouper one week, redfish another, then sea
trout, more grouper and now stone crab claws. I am now feeling very
weird about this. My wife and kids are actually getting tired of fish
and I am thinking there is more to this situation than it looked
initially. We area very small company (6 employees) and somewhat
unstable and he is the most recent hire. How does this look to Y'all?

I'll be in Pensacola next week - be glad to take some of it off your
hands.

tell him too much fish causes people's brain to rot and they end up buying
plastic SeaRays.