Default Good weekend to stay ashore in the Pacific NW. 60 mph? "Auntie Em!"

Even if you aren't planning to watch the Seahawks perform admirably in
the SB. :-)

Office of Public Affairs
U.S. Coast Guard Thirteenth District

Press Release Date: Feb. 3, 2006
Contact: Lt. Cmdr. Rick Rodriguez
206-217-6002

COAST GUARD ENCOURAGES PUGET SOUND MARINERS

AND WATERFRONT FACILITIES TO PREPARE FOR HIGH WINDS

SEATTLE - The Coast Guard encourages all Puget Sound mariners and
waterfront facility owners to prepare for high winds Friday evening
through Saturday morning as the strongest cold front of the year moves
through the coastal areas and the Puget Sound.

The National Weather Service has issued storm and gale warnings for
Oregon and Washington coastal areas, and predict winds along the coasts
to reach up to 40 mph, with exposed areas seeing wind gusts up to 60
mph.

Boat owners should ensure their vessels are sufficiently moored or
anchored to withstand the predicted storm and gale force winds.
Waterfront facility owners and marina operators should also ensure
loose gear and other items are properly stowed or removed from docks
and piers.

While underway, all mariners are urged to take extra precautions to
look out for floating debris and obstructions and report it to Coast
Guard Sector Seattle at 206-217-6001, or VHF Channel 16.

Mariners and waterfront facilities are encouraged to use extreme
caution this weekend and to check the National Weather Service webpage
for updated information at http://www.nws.noaa.gov/.

###

The U.S. Coast Guard is a military, maritime, multi-mission service
within the
Department of Homeland Security dedicated to protecting the safety and
security of America.

RCE

wrote in message
oups.com...

[...]

That's nothing more than a brisk winter breeze here in New England.

RCE

RCE wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

[...]

Up here near the crest of one of our many hills, it has to be blowing
more than 40 sustained. The first thing I saw this morning was a 10 X
12 blue plastic tarp go sailing off the roof of an addition that my
down hill neighbor is building. Who knows where it finally came down. I
hope it gets caught in a tree someplace, rather than blow out onto a
roadway where anybody nuts enough to go out in this weather for any
reason might suddenly find it across a windshield, or what not. You
guys back east get a few hurricanes every year, but we only get a first
class windstorm once in a while. Weathermen are saying this is the
biggest blow in 5 years.

RCE

wrote in message
oups.com...

RCE wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

[...]

Certainly nothing to sneeze at, particularly if it doesn't happen that
often.
I'll tell you though. After sitting alone in our Florida house through
Wilma last fall, it's hard to be impressed with anything under 100 mph. :-)

RCE

Garth Almgren

Around 2/3/2006 5:21 PM, RCE wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...

Even if you aren't planning to watch the Seahawks perform admirably in
the SB. :-)

The National Weather Service has issued storm and gale warnings for
Oregon and Washington coastal areas, and predict winds along the coasts
to reach up to 40 mph, with exposed areas seeing wind gusts up to 60
mph.

That's nothing more than a brisk winter breeze here in New England.

When it comes on the heals of some of the wettest weather on record, it
makes for all sorts of problems from downed trees. My power was out half
of yesterday, and my cable was out (imagine that!) all day.

--
~/Garth - 1966 Glastron V-142 Skiflite: "Blue-Boat"
"There is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing

JohnH

On Sun, 05 Feb 2006 10:49:38 -0800, Garth Almgren
wrote:

Around 2/3/2006 5:21 PM, RCE wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...

Even if you aren't planning to watch the Seahawks perform admirably in
the SB. :-)

The National Weather Service has issued storm and gale warnings for
Oregon and Washington coastal areas, and predict winds along the coasts
to reach up to 40 mph, with exposed areas seeing wind gusts up to 60
mph.

That's nothing more than a brisk winter breeze here in New England.

When it comes on the heals of some of the wettest weather on record, it
makes for all sorts of problems from downed trees. My power was out half
of yesterday, and my cable was out (imagine that!) all day.

Are you in the Seattle area, Garth? My brother is asking me to tape the
game in case he loses power. He lives in Bothell. The brother in Maple
Valley doesn't seem so concerned.
--
'Til next time,

John H

***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****

rec.boats.paddle sea kayaking FAQ [email protected] General 0 January 18th 06 05:48 AM
The Trolling Stops HERE Capt. Rob ASA 30 October 27th 05 09:11 PM
Who would be upset at a cartoon of Thor? Doug Freyburger ASA 0 October 19th 05 10:21 PM
bertie the bunyip versus bob wald Limey ASA 0 October 13th 05 04:26 PM